Wall Lights - Film Cell Look - Dimmer

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by decosta1228, Apr 17, 2007.

1. decosta1228

decosta1228
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

The wife and I are almost complete in making our living room into a mini cinema room. We've just got various lighting needs.

The situation as it stands now is that we have one normal main light that we wish to change. We are thinking of having a spotlights instead of one main light, but we need ideas.

The main reason for me posting here is that currently we have a wall mounted light that has two spotlights (That do not work). These lights were powered by plugging into the nearby wall socket.

What I would like is a light that looks like a film cell (a bit like the ones they have in Vue cinemas). It would be nice to get a light that works and does not have to plug in the mains. We would also like for this light to be dimmerable so that we can switch off the main light and have ambient lighting while watching a movie. Would this be possible. Also can halogens be dimmed? Can mains power lights be dimmed or would we have to get a lower wattage bulb?

I hope you get what I mean, but if you don't, then ask away.