1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall Fixings?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Paden, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Not AV I know but I've currently got a dart board in a housing that I want to be able to mount at two heights, one the official height & the other child (crap dart player) friendly :D
    Currently it's a case of undoing four screws, repositioning & screwing back on.
    I'd thought of putting studding in the wall & then using wing nuts but didn't think it'd be particularly elegant & I guess I'd have to use chemical fix to secure the studding.
    I'd appreciate any suggestions on fixings that'd enable quick release/remounting?

Cheers, Paul

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Length of upright shelving stud thingie with notches thereon and a DIY fixing back o' the board ?

Mike.

3. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    How about kitchen cabinet mounting brackets.

two metal peices fit to the wall, two plastic blocks fit on the inside back of the dart board surround and hook over the metal wall fixings.

You could make use of the second set not being used for a shelf with a little bit of imagination.

Another alternitive maybe fixing a batton to the wall with a chunk cut out of the top rear quater along it's longest length (i.e. left to right when fixed horizontaly to the wall). Make a hook to fit the batton on the wall with another bit of wood at the bottom of the surround to stop it hanging at an angle and there you go, just lift and drop into place. Sand and stain the wood so it doesn't look too out of the place. Again you could also use the wall batton not being used for a shelf which can be swapped if required.

With the marvel that is MS Paint I have knocked up a little piccy just incase my description wasn't too clear :D

Cheers
    RB

Attached Files:

4. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    :smashin: thanks for the suggestions people!

Cheers, Paul