injidup

Established Member
Reaction score
Out tomorrow in Australia. I’ll be getting a copy! Can’t find any info, but hopefully it has an Atmos soundtrack.
Edit: Looks like it does have Atmos. :D

Last edited:
Out tomorrow in Australia. I’ll be getting a copy! Can’t find any info, but hopefully it has an Atmos soundtrack.
Edit: Looks like it does have Atmos. :D

Something you can take for granted at this point are that all Disney releases will have Atmos (which will be meh) and none will have Dolby Vision.

yeah id really be up for this if i was confident Disney would do it justice. Im not and the blu ray release at the time is stunning PQ/SQ so no reason to chance it.

yeah id really be up for this if i was confident Disney would do it justice. Im not and the blu ray release at the time is stunning PQ/SQ so no reason to chance it.

The few user reviews I have read for it so far are quite positive in both the visual and audio department.

Looking at the review for Up 4K on blu-ray.com, it’s ridiculous that going for the BR disc‘s DTS-HD instead of the new 4K disc’s atmos is basically recommended. I seem to remember the same thing with Thor 4K, as the BR audio of that is brilliant.

Why on earth are we repeatedly getting muted mixes? If it’s because of the living room / soundbar mix, why don’t Disney just create something like an audio track set up for that kind of equipment?

Looking at the review for Up 4K on blu-ray.com, it’s ridiculous that going for the BR disc‘s DTS-HD instead of the new 4K disc’s atmos is basically recommended. I seem to remember the same thing with Thor 4K, as the BR audio of that is brilliant.

Why on earth are we repeatedly getting muted mixes? If it’s because of the living room / soundbar mix, why don’t Disney just create something like an audio track set up for that kind of equipment?

It certainly is weird as of the recent Pixar releases I have read some have fantastic tracks (ie Ratatouille and now Wall-E) but others have lacklustre mixes, guess it might be down to some of them having been prepared longer ago and only just now being released.

Found a deal on ebay,for all five of the latest releases,£110 inc postages & custom,in mail for me,i will have a good listen,re soundtracks,as those in the pass i have found an upward volume control,usually sort the problem out.

:)

Something you can take for granted at this point are that all Disney releases will have Atmos (which will be meh) and none will have Dolby Vision.
For disney (pixar, marvel, star wars) is it the case that physical media still remains the best option for picture quality?

For disney (pixar, marvel, star wars) is it the case that physical media still remains the best option for picture quality?

Yep, still the best. Streams are catching up fast and the best 4K streams, on Apple, are incredibly close but if you want the absolute best it’s still 4K disc.

Still waiting on the High Def Digest review of this...& JB Hifi’s 2 for $40 sale 😏

There’s a buy 2 get one free offer at the moment at JB. I got 2 Star Wars 4K and JoJo Rabbit.

There’s a buy 2 get one free offer at the moment at JB. I got 2 Star Wars 4K and JoJo Rabbit.
The B2G1F sales don’t meet my budget criteria for UHD. I have a strict spend limit of between AU$15-$20 including delivery. Discipline 😏

Hence why I’m waiting for the 2 for $30/$40 deals. Easter may see an additional 20% or 30% off too, so look out for that.

After several years working part time, I finally got a full time job, so I celebrated a little! I do admire your discipline, though. Fingers crossed for an offer soon.

The B2G1F sales don’t meet my budget criteria for UHD. I have a strict spend limit of between AU$15-$20 including delivery. Discipline 😏

Hence why I’m waiting for the 2 for $30/$40 deals. Easter may see an additional 20% or 30% off too, so look out for that.
Hi how are you able to order from jbhifi from the uk. I went on their page and it says not australian post code and wont let me order. I want rogue one and Wall-e in the uk.. thanks in advance

Hi how are you able to order from jbhifi from the uk. I went on their page and it says not australian post code and wont let me order. I want rogue one and Wall-e in the uk.. thanks in advance

Working fine for me, click on ‘Start typing your address’ then ‘Manual address’ then make sure the country/region is set to the UK and then when you input your address it should give you the $7.80 shipping option.

FYI Australia has stopped economy airmail shipments to the UK so for the moment any order you place won’t be sent anytime soon.

Last edited:
Any ideas of u.s.a companies that are still sending out to uk?
Thank you

Any ideas of u.s.a companies that are still sending out to uk?
Thank you

If I remember correctly, there’s a drop down list where you have to select your country - the default is Australia. Then it should accept your post code.

It’s awhile since I ordered, so I could be wrong.

I’m in Australia. :D
🇦🇺

So what's up with those Pixar/Disney titles in the UK lately......
Cars/Cars 2/Brave/Finding Nemo/Finding Dory/Ratatouille/Inside Out/Good Dinosaur/Big Hero 6/Moana/Zootopia/Princess And The Frog/Tangled/UP/Wall-E/Bug's Life/Monsters Inc/Monsters U would they ever come to the UK ??

Wall-E looked good. I was flipping between the DTS-HDMA & Atmos & I could’ve sworn the former had more detail/oomph.

I turned up the Atmos & watched the rest of the movie at -8db which was fine. There were more height effects during the busy scenes, but not nearly as much as Blade Runner 2049.

Also, the lack of extras is a let-down...this is from someone who doesn’t normally care for them, but I remember enjoying a few of the animated shorts that were on the BD release’s second disc.

Bit of a let-down overall release this one.

Thanks again, Disney...ya cheapskates...

Blu-ray.com’s review noted that the Blu-ray’s DTS-HD track was better in terms of dynamics than the Atmos on the 4K. Ridiculous.

Blu-ray.com’s review noted that the Blu-ray’s DTS-HD track was better in terms of dynamics than the Atmos on the 4K. Ridiculous.
Hey Graham. I thought similar watching the first few scenes, but I’m not so sure if now whether the Atmos track is just recorded at a lower volume. As mentioned, after turning it up (from -10db to -8db), things appeared to improve?

By ‘ridiculous’ do you mean the mere suggestion that the DTS-HD track is more dynamic is ridiculous, or the fact (as they see it) that it actually is more dynamic is ridiculous?

I think he means it’s ridiculous that the Atmos track is inferior purely because it should be the best but seems to be a common enough compliant with Disney releases especially for catalogue titles as their trend to mix lower etc is a more recent thing so plenty of older BD titles out there (pre-2015) that have fantastic tracks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom