• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wall Coving - LED Strips - LED Tape etc

nonamedman

Banned
Hi guys,

Please look at the below image, i have that coving all around the top of my room.

I am soon converting it into a small home cinema, first i am learning as much as i can.

I have looked at members images and LOVE the blue LED lighting, now at first i was simply going to get a blue rope light an put it all around but it's a bit thick and 'outdoorish'.

Please could you suggest me some better ideas, I only require blue so if it saves money i dont need different colours.

Support appreciated

Chris

dsc0713zr.jpg

S2Tigger

In my view, to achieve what you want, the coving will have to come down :rolleyes:

You then need to decide if you want to flood the blue light across the ceiling or walls....this will then dictate the way the new coving goes up...

Your other option is to put LEDs in the ceiling like downlights.....I did this, I put in RGB LED downlights, I've put a couple of photos below..sorry the pics are not that good, but you get the idea..

Good luck with the project...

Darren

670.jpg

671.jpg

BarryK

Standard Member
Hi,
I have the same coving as you Chris, around my lounge. I have purchased some trough coving which I am going to try and put underneath the existing coving, and the fit the led tape into this trough.
I am hoping that the light will then shine up onto the existing coving and ceiling. I don`t know if anyone else on here has tried that yet. If so can you let us know please.
Barry

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom