1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall Colour Correction

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mark13, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Mark13

Mark13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am hoping to buy my first pj soonish and I was intrigued by the ‘Wall Colour Correction’ facility offered by some of the NEC projectors. According to NEC this allows the projector to adjust the picture according to the colour of the wall the image is projected on. This really caught my attention, as I have magnolia coloured walls and it would save me the bother of having to repaint my wall or buy a screen.

Could anyone with any experience of this feature comment on it? Do any other manufacturers offer this facility?

I was also wondering if anybody had any thoughts on how the NEC HT410/510 models measure up against the Screenplay 4805 picture wise.

2. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your walls are more dark than 50% black, it is nothing to worry about. Yhe amount of reflected light is so little that it is no coloration at all.
    IMO if the colour is not bright (saturated and light) it can't mess with your picture.
    My room is dark and vivid green.