Wall Brackets for 4k Freesat & Humax Aura Boxes?

chalk40

Distinguished Member
Morning all.

I have a need to wall mount new 4k Freesat and Humax Aura boxes but struggling to find a product capable of doing it. Space is limited and strapping them to wall is the answer. There isn't even any recessed screw holes on the base to use .... say similar to like you might find on a Negear hub etc.

There are loads of Sky Q ones like the ones pictured below. And it's this style I'm looking for .... well any style that works in a vertical manner.

Anyone know of a product that could do this? I did order a couple of the clip type ones off Amazon but they were nowhere close to working.

Appreciate any ideas and suggestions that you may have come with.

Thanks

1629537166629.png

1629537212161.png

chalk40

Distinguished Member
Metal fabricator?
Ally sheet bent to suit?
Wooden shelf and dowels, straps or swivel catches to hold in place?

Depends on how 'decorative' the install needs to be.

Thanks Rodders .... yes it does need to look the part for sure. It's nice gear so I'd like to show it off right.

Years ago you could buy modem brackets. They were basically a flat sheet of aluminium with a right angle section either folded or attached. If I could find one then that would do the job.

But a fabricator may well be the way forward if none of you guys know of a product.

Thanks for the steer.

chalk40

Distinguished Member
Actually in searching for 'modem bracket' this turned up on Amazon. Looks like it will do the job ....

1629541769358.png

and also .... less elegant but cheaper .....

1629541855188.png

Thanks for prompting the thinking. We got to a solution :)

chalk40

Distinguished Member
Cooling might be an issue if the box is mounted vertically?

Have to confess to not considering that. I've ordered one of the HumanCentric boxes to test with the 4K Freesat box.

Think I'll hold off on the second unit (for the Freesat Aura) until I've tested it.

Good call, worth to check on that for sure.

Fred Smith

Have to confess to not considering that. I've ordered one of the HumanCentric boxes to test with the 4K Freesat box.

Think I'll hold off on the second unit (for the Freesat Aura) until I've tested it.

Good call, worth to check on that for sure.

Is that a secret new model?

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
My Humax PVRs (Foxsat-HDR and HDR-Fox-T2) have been used in my touring caravan on their short side next to a TV set with no obvious ill effects, but then none of the ventilation slots on bottom and rear were obstructed in the least and both have fans that would run if warm.

Dunno if either modern box has fans, both I think use "wall wart" power supplies so that's one heat source less inside.

The chosen bracket is 46-73 mm opening. The Freesat 4k box is only 40mm - so there will be need for a packing spacer behind which may help with ventilation?

chalk40

Distinguished Member
My Humax PVRs (Foxsat-HDR and HDR-Fox-T2) have been used in my touring caravan on their short side next to a TV set with no obvious ill effects, but then none of the ventilation slots on bottom and rear were obstructed in the least and both have fans that would run if warm.

Dunno if either modern box has fans, both I think use "wall wart" power supplies so that's one heat source less inside.

The chosen bracket is 46-73 mm opening. The Freesat 4k box is only 40mm - so there will be need for a packing spacer behind which may help with ventilation?
You would think so wouldn't you? Ventilation if I'm honest is not something I've ever considered with any of my boxes. Probably should have done.

The Freesat 4K measures about 45mm from memory with the rubber upstand feet. So as you say the small/wide adjustable unit I've ordered should provide enough wiggle room.

I've not measured the Aura box as it goes but think it's roughly the same ..... got two here sitting alongside each other and look near identical.

And given the brackets are powder coated steel then I suppose that in itself will also act as a limited form of heat sink ... mounted as it will be to an external wall. I reckon it will be ok.

chalk40

Distinguished Member
Aura is 43mm inc feet and the domed top surface, from the Humax website.

freesat 4k box is 35mm according to Recordable 4K TV Box and is flat.

Is odd .... measured the 4k Freesat box two or three times today and pretty sure is is 45mm on the dot.

Not measured the Aura but 43mm sounds right as side by side (freeview to freesat) they look near identical thickness wise. It is fractionally domed but such that would make no practical impact. Cosmetic yes.

But both those fit into the bracket range very happily.

chalk40

Distinguished Member
Morning all,

Received the HumanCentric bracket from Amazon at £21. Also found a second being sold (new) on ebay for £17 .... offered £10 and offer was accepted and that's on way as well.

Just to report back in case any of you are trying to source a wall mount for either of these current models. Maybe useful for folks now or in future.

Below are photos showing the fit (back and front) to the 4K FS box and the FV Aura

They fit the 4k Freesat box and the Freeview Aura box perfectly. Also the build quality is far superior to the normal far east pressed metal solution. The power coating is high quality, the fabrication folds are neat and well done and the adjustment also good. There are two adjustors for width and one for lateral movement. They are also good value.

I went with the narrow/small model. I'd say you could go with the smaller model but this size strikes me as perfect as a small slither of packing rubber can be put front and rear and the box will avoid cosmetic movement marks.

Also (and near impossible to have known) but take a look at the rear vents on the 4K Freesat box ..... the bracket design is as perfect as it is possible to be to keep the vent 100% clear and fully operable. Totally guesswork on my part but all the same.

Can 100% recommend this as a very good solution (practical and cosmetic) for wall mounting the Freesat & Freeview boxes.

thumbnail_DSC_0681.jpg

thumbnail_DSC_0682.jpg

thumbnail_DSC_0683.jpg
thumbnail_DSC_0685.jpg

thumbnail_DSC_0684.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom