Question wall bracket for a 11 year old Samsung LE40A786

cypher007

want to wall mount my old TV upstairs into a brick wall. it weighs 20kg which I think is without the stand.

one concern I have is how easy/difficult is it to get to the rear scart sockets and would I need right angle hdmi cables?

looking at the back of the TV it seems to have a 4 holes for a very large vesa mount, well large compared to the computer ones ive seen.

would it be easier to just mount it on an arm so I can tilt it when I need to get to the sockets?

any suggestions and links to brackets appreciated.

Bacus

Distinguished Member

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
As with all things, you get what you pay for. This - VonHaus 23-56 Inch TV Wall Bracket - Tilt and Swivel Mount for VESA Compatible Screens, 45kg Weight Capacity: Amazon.co.uk: TV will do the job and is quite well engineered, but might be harder to level up and keep level than a more expensive product. If you don't need to move it, this https://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Bracket-Built-Spirit-Televisions/dp/B004RB7ATC/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=wall+mount+42"+tv&qid=1571061519&sr=8-4 is cheaper still. Depending upon where the sockets are, you may need to either space the TV from the bracket with some spacers or washers - or use the right angled HDMIs and possibly power connector, depending upon what yours has now.

Bacus

Distinguished Member
wondering if there are any cheaper options that would be as secure. £49 is a bit steep.
I can't see why you would won't a cheaper or spend less on a TV wall bracket. Buy cheap and risk the whole lot falling off the wall !!!
Buy one that comes with good review's and have peace of mind that when your asleep you don't hear an almighty crash and find your TV and wall bracket smashed all over the floor !!!
If you don't want to spend £49 on peace of mind then try looking for the bracket you want on EBay.

cypher007

just wondered if there were similar brackets maybe without the cable management that would be cheaper. plus im not hanging a 75" OLED.

kenfowler3966

Theres not much that can go wrong with a steel bracket. Mine is on its third tv, around 9 years old, allows the tv to tilt down slightly if required and cost under £20 from ebay.
As long as the wall fixings are up to the job!
TV's have been getting lighter over the years as well. When I bought the bracket it was for tv less than 40". Currently takes a 55" oled.

cypher007

the vonhaus might do as this TV is going to be flat to the wall most of the time and only pulled out to plug stuff in.

Top Bottom