1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking with Beasts

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by alanrob, Nov 15, 2001.

1. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Just finished watching this and it's excelent interactive covarge on BBC1.

It's nice to see that someone at the BBC is using our license fee to great effect. This is what interactive TV is all about. The program looked great, but it's the behind the scenes info that puts it well in front of any other program shown so far on digital TV.

It was like watching a DVD, popping from the feature to extra material at the press of a button. Only let down was that the interavtive wasn't in widescreen.

10 out of 10 BBC.

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It was very good, as it was always going to be. Interesting, informative, even though the script is so over the top. "One day this primate will evolve into a hairless, white ape..... called man!". Get out of here! Well I never!

The puppets still aren't at all convincing though. I was thoroughly expecting Rod Hull to appear behind that bird thing with his hand up its arse.

Still, nice one BBC.

3. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would also like to congratulate the BBC on this show. The widescreen picture was superb, as you expect from the BBC and the interactive features were also very good.

I hope the other digital channels are taking note of this, especially SKY. Once again the BBC is showing the way for digital TV in the UK.

4. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Didnt bother with the interactive stuff myself as I wanted a clean anamorphic recording, and on my DVHS the recordings looked superb - dont need to bother with the DVD now.

Might give the interactive services a look next week though on my second ondig box

5. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also liked the alternative commentry where more detail was given

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,036
    I taped it last night, as I was watching Top Gear, I’ve just started watching it today and 3 minuets in, I get a red banner for interactive features, so I switched off. I see it is on again on Sunday if I’m going out and tape it again is there a road round that annoying on screen display.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

7. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Duncan,

You could have watched (and taped) all the interactive stuff after watching it as it was running for a while after (no idea how long, but it was going to repeat again after I had watched it from 21:00 to 21:30).

You might want to give it a shot on Sunday as the interactive stuff shows you some great behind the scenes info on the program.

8. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, Duncan Harvey.
    You quoted, "I wanted a clean anamorphic recording, and on my DVHS the recordings looked superb - dont need to bother with the DVD now".

Sorry to disappoint you but if you check your copy, you will see that NEW IRRITATING Interactive logo that these channels think is pretty cool, by their standards. It really annoys me when this happens as all they have to do is mention it before the program starts and not put a GIGANTIC LOGO onscreen during the program saying "by the way here's more info". I think you will have to record again with remote in hand and finger on the backup button.

9. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was there much interactive stuff on the Ondigital version? I know there was the different commentary on sky but aside from a pop up in the opening credits, which I didnt choose, I dont recall seeing anything else intruding on screen.

Then again I didnt watch the whole episode

10. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Oh! Your an Ondigital user. What a pity if you didn't get the interactive stuff us Sky users get.
    :(

11. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My apologies Duncan, I missed the bit about Ondigital, I am a Sky subscriber, so you may be lucky to have missed that logo.:)

12. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just been watching it tonight

all i can say is fantastic iteractive show . we can only hope that the trend continues and we get more of this sort of thing from the beeb :D

this is just the sort of thing i have been waiting for from the moment skydigi came through my door . i'll give it a big thumbs up