• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Walking machine recommendations

Dony

Distinguished Member
My wife wants a walking machine for her birthday in March. I've really no idea where to start looking and there appears to be a multitude of choices. She is adamant that it's only a walking/running machine she wants or will use. I've shown her cross trainers, rowing machines etc but she's not for turning.

I'm looking to spend up to £500 and size is not a problem as it will be left up all the time.

As usual, all help and recommendations appreciated. :thumbsup:

stainless-steel

How about one like this?...

In all seriousness why not save the cash and go for a walk outside? I can't think of a less interesting way to spend an evening than on a walking machine in front of a TV.
Does she not have a friend she could walk with if she's not comfortable on her own?

Not trying to sound negative but when I was really into fitness nothing baffled me more than all the gym regulars that'd drive 20mins to the gym and then spend 20mins on an excercise bike in front of MTV.:suicide:

Attachments

• 01_07_1---Pair-of-Dogs_web.jpg
    01_07_1---Pair-of-Dogs_web.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 27

Chadford

Distinguished Member
In all seriousness why not save the cash and go for a walk outside? I can't think of a less interesting way to spend an evening than on a walking machine in front of a TV.

...depends on what your 'outside' is like, and if you really like being 'outside'.

I recently saw an interview with Steven Fry - that guy is looking much trimmer. He claimed his weight loss is down to walking whilst listening to audio books - catching up on all the classics that he'd never got round to reading at a younger age. He didn't mention where, and on what, he was walking.

I agree that being in the gym listening and watching MTV ultimately gets tedious - I've done it myself. If you have a dog, then the walking thing is a given. I think the walking machine is possibly a good thing providing there is something genuinely stimulating to watch/listen to whilst exercising.
Sorry I can't help you with a recommendation though.

Last edited:

Dony

Distinguished Member
O.k...I'll expand a bit more....

First of all, we have a dog :smashin:, 3 children and full time jobs.
Secondly, we live in the countryside, and the closest street light is 2 miles away.

Combining those 2 things and it means it's very difficult to get out at this time of year for walks/exercise. What my wife is looking for is something to supplement her normal exercise routine when it's not always possible to get out.

Anyone got any recommendations for a decent walking/running machine. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom