Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

It`s ok. At least they fixed the game so you can physically stoop when you want to. To think that they thought nobody would want to do that! Also I found the people`s faces a little too comical looking. Zombies looked ok.

But I find these games a little simplistic and short. I guess I`m just too used to playing the likes of SkyrimVr and FO4VR doing all kinds of things for 6-8 hours per session and still having hundreds of hours to go. This was on the Rift S.

Did the first mission where you have to go get the ring, then it turned to night so I legged it back to the bus, when I went back the woman was gone, did I just hit a bug?

Did the first mission where you have to go get the ring, then it turned to night so I legged it back to the bus, when I went back the woman was gone, did I just hit a bug?

If I remember correctly, you have to complete that mission before the alarm goes, otherwise she (and all other human characters) will do a runner.

If I remember correctly, you have to complete that mission before the alarm goes, otherwise she (and all other human characters) will do a runner.
well I guess I learnt that the hard way lol, so she never appeared so I'm unable to finish that mission, I hope I haven't missed anything essential, anyway have moved on, it's a little grindy, some of the weapons wear out much too fast!

well I guess I learnt that the hard way lol, so she never appeared so I'm unable to finish that mission, I hope I haven't missed anything essential, anyway have moved on, it's a little grindy, some of the weapons wear out much too fast!
You`ll be fine... But she could at least return the next day.

You're right at the beginning so I'd try that mission again. It's an optional Misson anyway. You're there to primarily retrieve the parts for the radio.

Good luck!

Im on day 12, and I have to connect a pump at the church, when I go there the gate at the church is locked? and in the other mission Ive gotten intel for May but waiting for her to light the lantern (second time), so just wandering around levels now looting. Am I missing something or does it take a few days for things to happen?

EDIT: solved my crashing issue, for some reason I need to keep Steam and Oculus both running in the background

Last edited:
I really need to play this. I got it the week of release and I’ve only got up today two. Is the tourist addition some sort of DLC?

I really need to play this. I got it the week of release and I’ve only got up today two. Is the tourist addition some sort of DLC?
just some extra weapons as far as I know

Im on day 12, and I have to connect a pump at the church, when I go there the gate at the church is locked? and in the other mission Ive gotten intel for May but waiting for her to light the lantern (second time), so just wandering around levels now looting. Am I missing something or does it take a few days for things to happen?

EDIT: solved my crashing issue, for some reason I need to keep Steam and Oculus both running in the background

Hi I found this a little misleading too. It's not actually at the church itself but outside. It's just off the main road leading up to the church. If you're facing the church, it'll be on the right hand side. Can't miss it due to the bright red lights, with a horde of walkers fixated on it.

I'd recommend either heavy artillery or smothering yourself with guts and do the mission undetected.

Hi I found this a little misleading too. It's not actually at the church itself but outside. It's just off the main road leading up to the church. If you're facing the church, it'll be on the right hand side. Can't miss it due to the bright red lights, with a horde of walkers fixated on it.

I'd recommend either heavy artillery or smothering yourself with guts and do the mission undetected.
Aaaah! I hadn't gone back to the area after finding the door I thought I couldn't do anymore as was waiting for something else to happen, thanks very much for the pointer!

Well played for a couple of hours this afternoon and cant say I`m impressed. Bland visuals and dull gameplay. Not for me.

That's me now unlocked all of the hidden recipes, which was a lot of fun to do, because you have to search various towns for the codes and safes. Currently on day 43 or 44. Not sure that there is much else to do now but scavenge.

I finished it the other day, was a little anti climatic, but I definitely enjoyed the game, feels like there is a lot of room for some decent single player DLC

I actually managed to get all the safes on first playthrough, but not all recipes

Me thinks I need to give this another chance?

agreed, its limited, but doesnt outstay its welcome IMO. If you don't fall into the trap of endlessly resource gathering and crafting that is. There is a decent foundation there I think, I can imagine with more budget, and maybe a touch more Telltale style story work etc, it could have been really something.
well worth a play through

Wave mode incoming

I saw that. Looks terrifying. I don't think I'll last very long!

Started this today.

I am only about an hour and a half in but so far I am impressed. The mechanics as someone mentioned before are quite similar to boneworks which is a good thing. It's a good looking game and it seems to have some good features like climbing, upgrading etc.

I must say for some reason I've gone off scary games the last few years lol, so was a bit nerve racking walking around a building creeping around and hearing a zombie in the next room.

Am I right in thinking the game only saves when you travel on the boat or sleep on the bus? I was hoping for a manual save option but I get what they're going for, it adds to the survival element only saving when you escape sort of thing.

Am I right in thinking the game only saves when you travel on the boat or sleep on the bus? I was hoping for a manual save option but I get what they're going for, it adds to the survival element only saving when you escape sort of thing.

Pretty much; so the game only saves when:

1) You travel on a boat from the resting place to an area.
2) You return on the boat from the area to the resting place.
3) When you sleep on the bus.

You should have saves between 2 and 3 that are quite close to each other.

Haven’t been able to return to this since the first few sessions. Just seems like a clunky, old PS2 game to me. Uninspired gameplay, and archaic-looking graphics. I’ll only return if I get desperate, and have no money to buy any other software, and have to resort to blowing the dust off my pile of abandoned games.

Have to agree with that.

I also got it on Steam as part of a Humble Bundle, maybe I’ll try it on that and see if it improves it.

Distinctly unimpressed from the bit I’ve played.

I should have added but I'm playing on the steam version and yeah graphically I think it's pretty good. The character models are a bit plastically and not the best but the actual surroundings and water etc look nice.

Thanks for info about saving, I guess that probs means you will need to play the game in hour or so sessions.

Haven’t been able to return to this since the first few sessions. Just seems like a clunky, old PS2 game to me. Uninspired gameplay, and archaic-looking graphics. I’ll only return if I get desperate, and have no money to buy any other software, and have to resort to blowing the dust off my pile of abandoned games.
I got quite far into it, but got bored in the end.
I have found playing Skyrim or Fallout4Vr far more enjoyable.
S&S isn't opened ended (like it was touted) and is actually very simple. Neither did they do much more to it than make a wave add-on, which simply does nothing for me. Would be considered pretty mediocre if it was 2D, only the VR aspect saves it. There really isn't that much to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom