Walkabout Camera bag for Canon 400D and 17-85mm

Hodgy77

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a canon 400d with 18-55 kit lens and Sigma 70-300 zoom. I currently keep these in a Lowepro Slingshot 100aw, along with the Speedlite 430. Most of the time, the body has the canon battery grip attached.

What I'm after is a bag for when I go out for a walk, without having to carry around the slingshot. I know the slingshot isn't a big bag, but it would be nice to pop out with just the 400d and kit lens. I'm looking at getting a 17-85mm at some point so would need room for this. Battery grip isn't always required, so this doesn't have to fit in.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The Lowepro TLZ1 seems like a pretty good option, but I wondered if there were any alternatives that may fit better?

Thanks

I have an even slightly smaller Lowepro which simple has no no on it and is no longer on thier website:blush: ( must be "old")
It houses the 30/40D with the 17-85 with room for I spare battery and a few CF cards
Otherwise the model you quote seems fine. I dont think you can go wrong with any of them TBH

Redsnapper do some nice smaller bags, if youre looking more for a shoulder jobby.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I've been having a look and there seem to be a few with similar dimensions to the Lowepro TLZ1;

Tamrac Digital Zoom 4 - Approx £29.99 del from PicStop

Tamrac Adventure Zoom 5 - Approx £24.99 from PicStop

(Not sure of the exact difference between the two Tamracs other than price?!)

Samsonite Samoa DF72 - Approx £19.99 from HiltonPhoto.co.uk

(I know the links above don't relate to where I got the best prices from, I'm trying to provide links to the best photos & descriptions!!

Finally, the LowePro TLZ1 - £26 from rgb-tech.co.uk

If anyone has any comments on the above, i.e. they are using the bag with a similar combo to me (Canon 400D plus 18-55mm or 17-85mm lens) it would be appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom