Walk in Surrey Hills yesterday.

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Reaction score
Saw a chap catch a fish..flyfishing only allowed at this pond.
large.jpg

He may have to make use of this later...
large.jpg

House overlooking the area
large.jpg

Love the last one too Gordon.:smashin:

The hazy backdrop,the composition, and the ying yang thing going on with the couples...Really excellent,was it staged?

No it wasn't staged. I've never been up there. It's a viewpoint over Surrey Hills area where bikers and lots of walkers meet up. I was going home and thought I'd stop up and get out to see if the view would be good to capture early one morning later in week. It's not suitable for wide lens so I stuck on my 70-200 to see what the compressed vista would look like. The are was pretty busy so I just sat down with the view of (I think) Shere in background and started looking through lens. Saw the view and thought it looked great and sort of told the story of the afternoon. So ..click....job done. Might try to sell it to Surrey Advertiser...

Gordon

Defo....I think they might go for it,it really does some up a bank holiday feel.You know your good when you point and click shots get stuff like this;) .

Nice pics Gordon. Looks like you got the timing just right on the fishing shot.

I like the candids as well. Nice composition there.

Love the candids Gordon. Funnily enough - it's the bottle/flask in the last one which makes it work for me.
Spot on
Re: selling - what's the story with getting model release for things like this - is it necessary? I've never really understood where the line needs to be drawn.

It's one of these weird things...You don't need a model release for these images. I own the copyright and can do what I want with it. The issue comes when the person you want to sell it to is scared that the person/s in the image may take legal action...which, unless they are a famous person whose privacy has been invaded, they will probably loose. It's probably just not worth the hassle for the client to buy the image when there may be another available with a signed release.

Also I think the law in this country may not be the same as that in other countries so if you are taking professional images with paid models it's worthwhile getting the release done to open up the potential market.

Gordon

Fabulous...... The fishing one does it for me. I hope I can shoot some like these when I get the hang of my new D50 :)

Deano

The fish one I sort of cocked up. I was watching the three groups of flyfishers when I heard one make a catch and saw the fish jumping out the water. I started to walk quickly towards the guy then stopped to swap my 24-105 for my 70-200 lens. By time I'd done that he'd got it closer in and it was tiring. I could see where the line was going in to water and just kept on auto focusing on that point then fired of multiple shots when it jumped out ( I was in multiple shot mode). After a couple of jumps I reviewed images and realised I'd not framed to fisherman....argh...so zoomed out and tried to get them both in the frame. This was the only decent one I managed. Thought about entering it in the competition but I am sure I can do better....

Gordon

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom