Wales vs England - what channel?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by tutu, Sep 3, 2005.

1. tutu

tutu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hi,

It seems after checking DigiGuide and Freeview TV Guide their is no scheduled highlights (or live coverage for that matter) of Wales vs England tomorrow (Saturday 3pm kick off) on normal telly.

Since when do we not even get highlights of our own internationals??? Does anyone know what is going on?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The Welsh FA sold the UK broadcast rights for their home internationals to SKY who will show it on SS1. Haven't look for any highlights but if you are right (no reason to assume you are not) then SKY may have not offered a highlights package to a terrestrial broadcaster.

The match will of course be shown throughout the land in many a pub and no doubt on various satellites for those with the hardware.

3. TrevP

TrevP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's an 'Away' game for England therefore SKY have the rights to this coverage as I understand it. Home games are the rights of the BBC. As for the lack of highlights, I'm not sure this is totally down to SKY's rights...it could be that the Welsh FA highlights package was too costly for the BBC, or that these are confined to BBC WALES....don't know haven't checked on that.

4. cucuz

cucuz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    German channel ZDF are showing it on Astra 19E . :thumbsup:

5. JonLeach

JonLeach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    i was just checking myself, what a nightmare the BBC should at least show highlights.

looks like i'm going to have to find a pub that will allow the kids to go in!!

Jon

6. Off The Fence

Off The Fence

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    It's beeing shown time shifted by 3 hours on S4C at 6:30pm (chan 151 on Sky Digital). I suspect it'll have Welsh commentry...which'll should be 'fun' :rolleyes:

IMHO It's pretty disgusting that not even the highlights are being shown on any of the standard FTA channels :mad: