Wales to consider banning e-cigarettes

Has anyone ever wondered and worked out how much the UK Govt. makes per annum from smokers? I bet the figures would make interesting reading..... I wonder whether there should be massive signs everywhere saying 'smoke fags, they're great!'.

I know someone who has severe mental and physical disabilities who smokes these who's not going to like that...

Apparently the sheep are being affected.

I haven't seen any independent evidence to confirm what the negative health affects of e-cigs are, if any. Maybe there is some out there?

Until there is they'd be better off banning fast food, chocolate ads and people eating Big Macs/Mars bars in public as that's the biggest health time bomb to hit since smoking tobacco!!

Last edited:
I've vaped for almost three years and would have no issue with a ban in public places.

I think it is a huge mistake....So many health benefits to vaping compared to smoking....The powers that be don't get that vaping is not smoking...Normalising smoking is a daft reason in my opinion.

Tempted to take it up. Just so I can use the term 'vaping'

It does seem daft to ban something in certain places, which is visually obvious when someone is doing this thing. Smoking.
And then to allow people to start using a fake? replacement that is being made, in main instances to look and perform visually, and I guess chemically to resemble the real thing.
If we can smoking in cars, then how will the police be able to realistically tell if it's a fake cigarette.
Or even across a room, or down a train carriage etc, are you supposed to go up with your "itentiFag" kit before you can decide if they are breaking the rules or not.
Of course, it's going to encourage some people to "vape" if their social circle are doing so, it's what young people esp do, follow the group.
It's impractical to police a law if you allow fake, same performing products to be used.

In a similar light, lets say, you ban guns from the high street, then allow people to buy and carry fake replica guns make to look like the real thing. We know that would be stupid to allow.

I think it is a huge mistake....So many health benefits to vaping compared to smoking....The powers that be don't get that vaping is not smoking...Normalising smoking is a daft reason in my opinion.

Agreed - it's seems more like pettiness.
If it's shown to be doing others significant harm, then fair enough, but the only reasonable justification for the original smoking ban is that of potential harm to others.

It does seem daft to ban something in certain places, which is visually obvious when someone is doing this thing. Smoking.
And then to allow people to start using a fake? replacement that is being made, in main instances to look and perform visually, and I guess chemically to resemble the real thing.
If we can smoking in cars, then how will the police be able to realistically tell if it's a fake cigarette.
Or even across a room, or down a train carriage etc, are you supposed to go up with your "itentiFag" kit before you can decide if they are breaking the rules or not.
Of course, it's going to encourage some people to "vape" if their social circle are doing so, it's what young people esp do, follow the group.
It's impractical to police a law if you allow fake, same performing products to be used.

In a similar light, lets say, you ban guns from the high street, then allow people to buy and carry fake replica guns make to look like the real thing. We know that would be stupid to allow.
Get the point, however it is so easy to smell the difference...Smoking smells...vaping doesn't...simple...Someone doesn't even have to smoke and walk into that carriage and you can smell it...Vaping doesn't...Vaping doesn't burn anything, and in the burning process is where there are the harmful elements...

This really doesn't have to be complicated.....But it can be if people want government to choose everything for us...I don't like such a society...

are you supposed to go up with your "itentiFag" kit before you can decide if they are breaking the rules or not.
We've all got one of these kits built in. It's called a nose.

Vaping does smell, it has a nasty sickly sweet smell, but that could be down to the flavours people use though.

Vaping does smell, it has a nasty sickly sweet smell, but that could be down to the flavours people use though.
Definitely depends on what they use to flavour if any. Mine didn't smell at all. Key point is that it doesn't contain any harmful ash. So at worst it is an annoyance like someone's perfume or bo.

I'm a none smoker and agree vaping can smell.

I take a work colleague to work sometimes and he asked if he could vape on the way to work. I had previously thought it was odorless. However the flavour he had wasn't, it was quite the opposite. It was quite overpowering orange smell and i personally didn't like the smell. As a result i had to tell him not to do it on the way to work.. which he kind of took offence and became quite defensive and started to stating "its not harmful". Whilst i agree it may not be, i don't choose not to have a foul smell in my car, forcing me to breathe it in the vapour also..

On the other side, when i have been behind people in the street and their vaping i cannot smell it, i guess it depends on how confined the space is.

Overall I'd prefer it to be banned in public places.

I prefer disgusting perfume and leggings to be banned as well.

However we should remain conscious of what we request from government to restrict our movements. Why ban it from public places.

Ps. Ever noticed the smell coming out of a tin or red bull ;) or those people on the milky shake diet. Etc.

Be very careful what we are asking for.

I prefer disgusting perfume and leggings to be banned as well.

However we should remain conscious of what we request from government to restrict our movements. Why ban it from public places.

Ps. Ever noticed the smell coming out of a tin or red bull ;) or those people on the milky shake diet. Etc.

Be very careful what we are asking for.

Definitely agree on the leggings. Fat legs in leggings and wrinkly leggings, yuk!

Has anyone ever wondered and worked out how much the UK Govt. makes per annum from smokers?
Much less than it makes from handing out NRT to those trying to quit.
Smoking is big business, quitting is bigger business. :lesson:

I have never smoked and supported the smoking ban in restaurants but this is just too much. E-cigs don't negatively affect me, they don't leave me stinking of smoke, why should we ban something that doesn't harm anyone else? I support the right of everyone to smoke whatever they like as long as it doesn't affect me.

No will power, no sympathy from me.
Want to give up? then give up, don't bother will 'fake' fags or any other 'weaning' material.

No will power, no sympathy from me.
Want to give up? then give up, don't bother will 'fake' fags or any other 'weaning' material.
I never wanted to give up, I still wanted to smoke without stinking of smoke and breathing in all the toxins associated with it. I just thought I'd try it out and I prefer it to smoking. I haven't touched tobacco for a year and a half and as a bonus I now smell of custard creams.

The only issue I have is that vapers will have to share the same space as smokers if they are say at a pub with an outdoor smoking shelter. Most people's perception is it's as bad as smoking to be around. I have always been considerate, the same as when I smoked cigarettes. I don't openly vape as I don't feel the need to. It's something I do when I'm sitting down and relaxing.

I haven't touched tobacco for a year and a half and as a bonus I now smell of custard creams.

Whooa, whooa, whooa, back up the truck. Are you telling me there is something I can smoke that makes me smell like a Custard Creme? Is there a Hobnob version and where do I buy it? :D

Didn't want to give up? :eek:
People smoke e cigarettes near me, still get the same comments as if they were smoking real ones.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom