1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waking up the neighbours

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by AndoverRed, Sep 26, 2004.

1. AndoverRed

AndoverRed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Not wishing to risk the wrath of khan (or the wife!) I am limiting my sub spend to £500, maybe stretching to £700 if convinced.

Thus far, I have considered the MS309, MJ Ref100, and Mission 5as. However, these forums have opened my eyes!

The Velodyne CHT-R range and forthcoming SVS PB10-ISD look interesting.

Any recommendations?

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi AndoverRed,

There are quite a few members who rate the MS309 on this forumn but with the new baby SVS comeing out (PB10-ISD) i would say that for Pound to performance ratio SVS would more than likely have them licked ;)

John :)

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The SVS PB-10 should be in production by the end of October and the paper spec indicates that with a flat response down to 20Hz it will be the one to buy for £350 and has thrown out a price / performance challenge to other manufacturers that they are unlikely to be able to do anything about.

I have no doubt that we will be reading quite a few "should I buy the PB10 from SVS or the CHT-10R from Velodyne" type threads and to ensure that we don't have to speculate I will probably buy a Velodyne to compare directly with the SVS that I already have on order.

Anyone wanting to listen to the two side by side will be more than welcome at my house when they both arrive.