1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wake on USB?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MarkHudds, Jul 29, 2003.

1. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Can anyone advise if there's anyway of getting a HCPC to wake-up from Standby via a USB device (mouse, ATI Remote Wonder etc) when your motherboard does not have the USB wake option in the BIOS?

If I go in Device Manager and click on the USB controller and then 'Power Options' there is a check box for "allow this device to wake-up the computer from standby' however its 'greyed-out' and protected (presumably because my BIOS doesn't have it?)

Any options apart from getting a new motherboard?

Also, if I wanted to wake-up from ps/2 keyboard space button (which I know my motherboard supports), will this work with an IR keyboard and therefore potentially a wake-up button learnt on my Pronto (space key) - i.e. will the IR keyboard receiver still have power from the ps/2 port to perform the wake-up?

Cheers.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This will almost certainly work, many (most?) motherboards leave k/b and mouse PS/2 ports powered all the time.