wake on lan software ** help quick **

Chrisoldinho

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi i've enabled Wake on Lan on my Laptop (wireless) at home, i'm currently sat at my desk at work trying to turn the thing on via WOL. I have the IP and the MAC Address.

I can find plenty of programs which allow me to Wake my PC up from inside a LAN but i'm wanting to turn it on over the Internet or WAN.

Does such an application exist and if so where can I download it from?

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Are you using a router or just an adsl modem ?

If a router then basically your PC is hidden from the outside world by your firewall, you will need to configure the firewall so that your PC is accessible from the outside world, check out your router's manual on how to do this.

I'd get this working and make sure you can access your PC from outside before trying to get WOL working, which should then be straight forward.

This is a router issue, you need to make sure your router is configured to allow broadcast forwarding, it's usually port 9 that needs to be setup for UDP port forwarding.

balls, i'm using a Router yet (Netgear D834GT) but I didn't forward UDP port 9 to my Laptop.

I've heard mixed answers regarding it working via Wireless, can anyone confirm whether it does?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom