Waiting for my 32DZ26 - 3 weeks now!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Adele, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone's aware of a shortage of these sets from Toshiba. I ordered a 32ZD26 from Robertsons Online on the 16th of September, but there's no sign of it yet (although my £905 cash was taken straight away!) :(

The last time I called them (last week) they were still awaiting delivery from Toshiba (Robertsons themselves are kindly delivering the TV to me on a Saturday so that I don't have to take time off work - something they can do free of charge in Edinburgh!)

If Toshiba were delivering the set direct - would they also set it up free of charge? (i.e. should I insist that Robertsons set up the TV when they deliver it on a Saturday - even if I'm not paying extra?)

I'd be really grateful for some advice.

many thanks,
    Adele.

2. Andy30

Andy30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I ordered mine from Robertsons and was told Toshiba would ring me to arrange a suitable time to deliver and set it up.
    Heard nothing for about 2 weeks I think it was then a letter from Toshiba arrived telling me when they were going to deliver, I did get the choice of ringing them if the time wasn't suitable.
    They arrived at 8.10am to deliver it, they were quite willing to unpack, build the cabinet and set the Tv up at no extra charge.
    What they were not willing to do was take the Tv upstairs like I had requested when putting the order in, I was originally told that this would be no problem.
    So in the end I ended up having to get some help to lift it upstairs and I built and set it up myself, very easy to do though.
    Hope to have helped.

Andy

3. nja

nja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Adele - I ordered a 36ZD26P from Robertsons - they said it might take 4-5 weeks but in the end it took about 10 days. I guess the set is becoming more popular. Toshiba installed it and set up the stand for me - the cost was two cups of tea.