Waiting for it to arrive, but problems already!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by carl310166, May 6, 2007.

1. carl310166

carl310166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have ordered a Harmony 525 from Ebuyer, i can't wait !

I have taken a "test drive" on the Logitec site, i think i am going to get really confused from what i have seen so far, when it actually comes to setting the remote up.

On the "test drve" there was no 525 for me to select, but i carried on with another model of remote anyway, i then found it confusing as to what device i should assign i.e i have a Pace Sky+ box, a BT Vision box and a Digihome PVR plus the standard DVD player etc

What would be the set to box, pvr, etc? when i did label the devices to what i thought it should be, the software didn't give me the option of watching Sky+, PVR 1 and PVR 2 it really muddled my brain up, is this because it's a "test drive"?

Is there a particular way of assiginig certain devices to things, i can't be the only person who has more than one PVR etc?

I would really appreciate any advice before the remote is delivered on Thursday, or is the software that comes in the box with the remote very simple to use?

2. truscotsman72

truscotsman72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Im not sure what you mean exactly, but here goes. When I select 'watch pvr', it turns my TV on and sets it to the correct scart setting, turns on my PVR (V+ box), and turns on my Denon amp and sets it to the right input. So one button click and im watching tv!

As for 2 PVR's, I'll get back to you on that, as I have an old telewest STB in the bedroom which I still have to assign my controller to, but Im sure it'll work no probs as the controller is supposed to handle up to 15 devices. I wouldnt think adding a 2nd PVR would be a problem :smashin:

3. carl310166

carl310166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for answering, but what have you got on the "watch tv" button though?

I assumed that if i selected "watch tv" it would switch on my tv, switch on my sky+ box and select av1....but if i wanted to "watch pvr" it would switch on my BT Vision box and select av2, then "watch pvr2" or what ever the other activities are it would switch on my Digihome box and select av3 etc

I thought i would able to change the activities somehow to "watch sky" "watch vision" "watch freeview" or something along those lines.

Am i expecting too much or am i confusing myself? i need the remote to be wife friendly too, so she would know what activity to press.

4. tankstage

tankstage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    When you setup the different activities, you select which inputs/routing you need to get your PVR to display on the TV.
    I have got three TiVo's, a V+ box, a DVD recorder and a CCTV recorder all routed through a scart router and/or through a scart to HDMI box.
    All signals end up at the TV and an amp for sound.

Tank

5. carl310166

carl310166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am starting to think the "test drive" is only an example to how it set up might work, perhaps i will get advice when i have tried to get the remote to work myself.

I will report back next weekend, be warned:smashin:

6. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    The Test Drive is very limited compared to the actual setup. When you get the remote you can set up as many activities as you want, however you want, and rename them to whatever makes sense.

7. carl310166

carl310166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, i was begining to think that was the case, i should have waited for the remote to arrive first, by doing the "test drive", it just made things worse for me.