Waiting for contact fromTosh

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by DPS, Jul 21, 2001.

1. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday an engineer came out to veiw my 32z17b didnt really do any thing just basicly noticed the problem jotted the serial number down ,I think and told me that Id hear from Toshiba in 7 days(I was a bit angry at this to say the least after waiting a week for the engineer).Obviously this must of happened to other Tosh owners is the wait the full 7 days or shorter?Does this mean Ill have to hand over my tv to be taken away to be inspected?Should I just demand a new set as its only 2 weeks old.
    Thanks in advance

2. fishyben

fishyben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the set is only 2 weeks old i'd demand a new one.
    Where did you get it and what is the problem with it?

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my set for over a month now and had three engineers out, i bought set from QED and asked them where i stood regarding changing set.They said once a fault is reported it should not be a problem but they must have this confirmed by engineer. I was told by last guy he would report fault to tosh and get back to me, as i reported fault within 28 days of purchase i should have the right of a change i am going to phone and ask them as i am pretty sure set will have to go, i wont be getting same model as i have seen same probs on a set in a store [ 36"Tosh].

4. dn38416

dn38416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree martian. I am not going to hang around for toshiba to contact me .Ringing qed tommorrow for a replacement and staying a way from tosh as I have heard to many accounts of other similar problems with 32z17b.cannot be harrased with waiting around as this could go on for months i just hope i get an exchange and for an end to this pain in the arse problem.
    TECH-NOIR

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Technoir, What did QED have to say couldnt ring them today, shift work wont permit!
    If you change set what are you going for next, i am thinking about getting new panny rear pro or hitachi 43" tv.
    Hell... I bought a tube tv to try and avoid convergence geometry problems if i have to put up with these problems i think it may be easier to correct on this type of tv and at the end of the day you would have a slightly less impressive quality picture but it would be huge and very cinematic. What do you think... :D

6. dn38416

dn38416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    QED customer service basically told me what I feared that without an engineers approval of a fault no exchange it seems can be made.I was told that tosh wont remove tv to be serviced wether this is true im not 100% sure and told ringback if no word from tosh by thursday.trying to explain the print distortion down the phone is not easy and was given usual possible solutions geometry,degaussing and the no picture on 32in or bigger tvs is ever perfect and slight destortion is acceptable.I insisted the distortion on my set was beyond the norm and clearly effects veiwing.Hope this can be solved by tosh or a replacement must surely be made would hate to have to go to the small claims court for a refund its a case of sticking to my guns until l am content with the performance i think
    if an exchange becomes an option I may revert back to 28in for a year or two and wait for plasmas to drop in price as predicted fingers crossed

7. fishyben

fishyben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you buy the TV on your credit card ?
    If so give them a phone, explain that the TV is faulty and your not happy with the product and are sending it back to QED but they refuse to acknowledge the fact the set is faulty, then sit back and let the credit card company work its magic.

I had to do this with a PC i brought from EV*SH*M (well know company) the PC did'nt work right from day one, they sent out an engineer, he left it was worse!!
    Phoned them, they said "no, it's fine" i said "ummmm NO IT'S NOT, i want a new one or a refund!" they said "well.......NO, You can't, because it's ok" I phoned my Credit card company and within 3 days they sent a courier round to pick it up and my card was credited for the full amount.

This may not be of help, but give them a ring and see what they say.

8. Jingy

Jingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry to hear about you problems but I am in a very similar situation with my Tosh 46". We had a engineer come in, he was an independent sent by the company and he also said that the set was not perfect and I should get a new one but he also said I was being fussy and there was nothing he could do about it. Toshiba have not been at all helpful but they are joint liable as it is their product.
    We are still waiting for an engineers report and it has been 7 working days, I can't believe how long it has taken. On top of that the shop doesn't return our calls and now they don't even answer the phone.
    We have contacted trading standards and may also have to go through the small claims court as there is no way I'm keeping a set that even the engineer admitting was not perfect, after paying two grand.

9. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which shop did you purchase the Tosh from?
    As Im going through a similar situation the only advice I can give to you is to stick to your guns and keep pestering the shop from were you purchased the Tosh.You know what type of performance you expect from the Tosh having paid the cash and your obviously not getting it.

10. dn38416

dn38416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip fishyben sadly my method of payment wasnt by credit card.Actually Ive never owned one they scare me to easy to get in to debt with them and I thought no real use could come from one anyway, sounds like I was wrong thanks anyway.

11. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm surprised that you're having problems with QED. I found them to have the best after service of any retailer I've ever dealt with!

They exchanged my first faulty Philips without even sending an engineer - when the second one was faulty they offered a full refund or replacement - I chose a different model no hassle.

OG

12. dn38416

dn38416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tosh rang this morning said they had receieved the report by the engineer stating that the tv be taken away for servicing which means no tv for 7 to 10 working days.I knew qed were telling porkies when they said this would not happen.I of course rang qed to tell them this was unaceptable considering Ive only had the tosh 2 weeks.There responce was if there is a fault no problems but they need comformation.I was then told Id be called back later today so Ill let you know later what happens.
    My main point when I rang QED was if the engineer they sent out said in his report to tosh that my tv needed to be taken away to be serviced then there must be a fault.If the tv was 3 months old I could justify them taking it away but not after 2 weeks surely I am within my rights for a replacement.
    Ill give you more as I get it.

13. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    QED rang me back this afternoon and are willing to exchange my Toshiba so thankfully this mini crisis is now it seems nearly over.
    Only problem now is do I go for a straight exchange of the same model or change manufacturer not 100% sure 60/40 in faver of staying with same model but am tempted by the JVC 32wft1 nicam set as its had great reveiws.