1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiting for Buffy

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by BLUE-DUSK, Nov 10, 2002.

1. BLUE-DUSK

BLUE-DUSK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else eagerly awaiting Jan 9 when Buffy should be returning to SKY with what is supposed to be a fantastic new series? :p

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have only just got into Buffy (so to speak! :eek: :D ). Have watched the first four series on dvd and am about to watch the fifth - obviously all the series will not have been released by the time the new series starts on Sky, so I don't know what to do! Should I watch the new series having not seen beyond series five, or should I wait for it to be released on dvd (at least a year) and watch them all in order? I just don't know, decisions, decisions! :blush:

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    I'm a huge Buffy fan. When I was going to CEDIA in September I almost managed to meet up with a guy who was going to tape the season openner in DVHS for me. Of course, I'd have had to go and buy a DVHS tape deck to play it back on....but I would have.

I missed seeing the openner by 24hrs. I arrived the Wednesday afternoon after it had been on on the Tuesday night. If I'd known I'd have flown a day earlier! As it might be the last series I'm going to try and avoid spoilers for it this time. I do know that Faith is going to be back so it's got to be good!

Gordon

4. Iam

Iam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone buying Buffy on DVD check out the prices of region 1 compared to region 2 .... £20 cheaper!

Strangley tho, series 3 has not yet come out on region 1 whilst region 2 is up to series 4.

5. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seson 5 is now out on reg2, as for season 6 lex why don't you watch it on bbc2, its hacked to pieces, but you'll get the idea and it's only been on for a couple of weeks now. i'm sorry but buffy aint been the same since season three finished.

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Basically we get them first on DVD because of rights issues with syndicated tv in the USA. As for the price difference, well that is just a 'Rip Off Britain' issue! :rolleyes: :mad:

Yeah I am going to buy season 5 soon, so I don't want to start watching six before I have seen five, and by the time I see all of five it will be too late to watch six and thus no point to watching 7! I am confused now! :confused: :D Basically I think I will wait and buy/watch them all on dvd.

7. BLUE-DUSK

BLUE-DUSK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although I`ve enjoyed every season, I have to agree with coments that the early seasons were beter on the whole, although from what I`ve heard about the up and coming season I have high hopes of it returning to top form. Which begs the question of where do they go from there? With SMG not yet signed up to continue, which direction would you like to see the series go in if she does not return? Maybe Michelle Thachenburg taking the lead role or takeing it back in the timeline. I`d like to see the show go back about a hundred years and focus on Spike and Dru`s exploits, but would like to hear some other opinions.

8. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have only seen the first 4 seasons. I enjoyed the first half of series four, but I wasn't so keen on the secret soldiers/Adam stuff which made up most of the second half. They were trying to be too X-Files - and I can't stand that Riley bloke! (Hopefully he will bugger off sometime in the fifth series! :D )

What they do particularly well on Buffy is the real-life stuff, i.e. relationships with friends and families, struggling to come to terms with becoming an adult etc... They almost do that better than the supernatural stuff imo.

I kind of get the impression that SMG has had enough, and wants to move on to bigger things. I suppose it is better for the show to go out on top than to go on too long like many other shows.

9. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bet you love We Were Soldiers then!:D :D

you will LOVE season six then, it is almost totally centred around that rather than monsters and demons. while i think the earlier seasons were better than four, five and six those later seasons do have more stand-alone excellent episodes such as hush, the body, tabula rasa, the gift and Once More with Feeling (which is simple incredible).

I kind of like the idea of it 'starting again' with Dawn taking over as the slayer, she is as old now as SMG was when she started Buffy, i think that idea could work.

10. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Angel is better than buffy. It's got Charisma Carpenter for one. But I do like Buffy, I just prefer Angel. Flame on.

11. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no flames here I'm with you on that one, is the wonderful Charisma returning in Season Four?

12. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We can but pray. Plus, Angel is much harder than Buffy. He could take her in a rook, no worries:D

13. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    she's kicked his ass before tho. I'd like the opportunity to "take her in a rook", not sure what it means but it sounds filthy!:D

14. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    She's only beaten him when he was all girly and emotional. If he was fired up, she'd be goin down, slayer or no. A rook is a fight, tussle, barney, rumble, etc ad nausea:D

15. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ah I see... you mean a ruck!:D

16. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes but I'm classicly trained in eloqution. At Eaton. By the queen.

17. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    by her corgi's by the sounds of it!:D

18. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Grrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: :D

19. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Getting back on topic ... :D I enjoyed series 6, but not as much as 5, and series 7 has started out really really well. I hope they don't start again with Dawn, that'd be really crap. I really hope they start doing some crossovers with Angel again, so that when the day comes for them both to end, it won't be a surprise seeing Fred talking to Willow. Having said that, i really don't want either to end. Ever. If i was Bill Gates i'd pay them to do lifetime contracts so that i can watch Buffy when i'm 40.

20. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    [Luc] Spoiler alerts please!! :mad: :rolleyes: :D

21. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    huh what spoiler?

22. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Just to correct you, the BBC2 versions are NOT cut - at least if you know when to watch the show!

BBC2 airs "Buffy" uncut and uncensored every Friday night, after midnight. However, the Thursday teatime showings are censored, for obvious reasons!

Oh, and all showings are now in Widescreen!!! Yummy! (Digital 1.77:1 Buffy! :D )

Pooch

23. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,016
    I enjoyed the season before last of Buffy better than the recent one it had some very good Spike stories in it such as him going round with the robot Buffy. And the relationship with the real one.
    I too think Angel has taken over this series.

24. BLUE-DUSK

BLUE-DUSK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I for one would like to see the return of Faith.

25. JamesOD

JamesOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Me and the wife have seen the first 6 episodes of season 7 and it looks like being the best yet not a bad episode so far and allready some cool character development I will not spoil it for anyone though.

Angel so far has been a mixed bag this season is okay but buffy is a lot better so far.

26. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,016
    I have heard Buffy’s mother will make an appearance next season as she is raised from the dead.

27. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The only spoiler i could see was if you wanted to know what i'm going to be doing when i'm 40. :confused:

28. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I was only trying to be funny (in regards to your minor reference to the fact that Willow & Fred are still in it!) :blush: