1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wait 'till mid May for my PD30 ????!!???

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Uzey, May 4, 2004.

1. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    About two weeks ago, I ordered a new Panasonic TX-32PD30 from QED (who sell it at the bargain price of £1036). I knew when I ordered that there was a 10 day lead-time on the set so I was ready for that!
    Now, I recieved an email off QED today telling me that they won't be able to supply the set to me until mid May!!!!! Is this normal for this set? Has anyone else had trouble buying this set recently?
    What do I do?

P.S. QED took the money for the set on the DAY I ordered it!!!! Is this legal?
    :hiya:

2. Simez

Simez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a pd30 from House of Fraser a fortnight ago for £999 and was told that there was not one spare set in the whole of the company. At the moment I don't have any carpet down in my lounge so don't mind waiting untill it's been laid, but come 27th May if I've heard nothing from Hof then I shall be straight on the phone to them. Seems like stocks are low everywhere.

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Provided you get a good one, it'll be worth the wait.

Not sure if the low stock levels are due to popularity or whether they are gearing up for a new model (it's been out for the best part of a year now).

Good luck.

4. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    QED took my money for a Humax PVR but didn't deliver it for a couple of weeks. However, during that time QED lowered the price of that model and agreed to refund me the difference, so it could work out in your favour.

5. stevetiler

stevetiler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I went to Hi -spek in Brentwood about a month ago on a Saturday and ordered a pd30,the guy said it would be delivered on the following Friday,I jokingly said I want it right now!He said o.k. but you'll have to go and pick it up from St.albans,so off I went!All told the process of paying and having tv up and running took about 3 hours!

6. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stevetiler, how much did you pay for your PD30 (if you don't mind me asking)?

7. stevetiler

stevetiler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    £12oo plus £99 for 3 year warranty,it wasn't the cheapest deal around but they had them in stock and I believe the backup service would be good!
    Good luck,Steve

8. gtfc

gtfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I phoned "Buy your av" on Wed 5th, they had stock but said it would be a next day delivery. only problem I've just broken my foot and is in plaster and their delivery man comes on his own.
    I'll have to wait.

Empire direct has them in stock also try Dealtime.co.uk for a list of suppliers. In general there seem to be a few about.

Which House of Frazer is selling them at £999.

I decided to wait and buy one when thay came to a £1,000 price point.

I've got my HK DVD 25 and component cables waiting.

Regards

GTFC

9. Simez

Simez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine from House of Fraser in Bristol, I'd read a post on here saying that they were in the sale. I had planned to get mine from John Lewis for £1296 but when that deal came up at Hof I jumped at it. Comes with 5 year warranty too. Hof usual price on a 32 pd30 was £1499,When I passed through the TV section on Monday I'm sure that the price had gone up too £1299.

10. gtfc

gtfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, This £999 is interesting, I happened to do a dealtime search the other day and CO-OP electricals online were doing them for £999. I rang at 2.00pm and they had stock, I rang again at 5.30 to order and all stock had gone.

Is it possible Panasonic have done some deals on returned stock that has been " Remanufactured to new standards". I mean what do they do with all the returned units. I was looking at the PD30 faults posts with some peeps being on their 2nd. 3rd, 4th sets !!! Do Panasonic dump them ?

Anybody know ???

11. josereyes

josereyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought mine from John Lewis the daybefore the May day bank holiday for £999.00 . They tell me now it was a one day special ..back up to £1299 the day aftre I told everyonehow cheap they were. But then I've had 2 cr*p ones and given up so what do I know!! JL told me they had 20 in stock then so I don' think they were returns or whatever ..just work like them.