WAFing an SVS PC

chrisgeary

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone WAF'd a cylinder sub? I'm thinking lose the carpety-sock look and give it a wood veneer look?

Nope, mine is standard. My wife loved it in it's natural state, and she even been caught giving it a weekly clean :D

Lucky because she could have been traded in for an early upgrade :devil:

I have seen it done with a different colour sock but never in wood ,what's under the black sock?

With a bit of imagination and a potted plant, you could bring the outdoors indoors to 'er indoors! ;) :D

Attachments

• svspalm.jpg
    svspalm.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 74
The spiral nature of the tube makes wood veneering difficult.

The raised spirals can probably be removed with a mask, enough patience and an electric sander.

A quick change could be achieved with a cloth tube stretched over the original sock and held with ties, lacing through eyelets, or a zip out of sight at the back.

My vote is for the original charcoal covering. Which has the ability to become totally invisible in quite a short time and seems not to deteriorate with age.

I have seen it done with a different colour sock but never in wood ,what's under the black sock?

There was a website or post with loads of pictures of the SVS factory and testing facilities. It had loads of images of un socked tubes... anyone remember that post?

They just looked like toilet rolls tbh :D

Adam

Has anyone WAF'd a cylinder sub? I'm thinking lose the carpety-sock look and give it a wood veneer look?
You still missing your tube then chris :D A wood veneered pc-ultra 13" would
look very nice.

You still missing your tube then chris :D A wood veneered pc-ultra 13" would
look very nice.

Unfortunately not happening for the forseeable future :(

We are indeed working to make the PC-Ultra an export product that we can sell through overseas dealers like Kent Home Cinema. While finish options haven’t been ruled out they are unlikely in the near-mid term. You’ll have to go with a PB13-Ultra if you want to get oak and move up in performance.

From an email from RonS last week.

They (svs) did once do a tube in wood veneer from memory i think they called it a cs- ultra in maple looked really smart, shame they arnt able to do this on the newer range iam sure if they did the tubes would sell even more so.

I think there should be a (silly) competition to suggest new finishes for a tube.

What about a "Smarties" version, including a flip-able lid? ;) :)

They (svs) did once do a tube in wood veneer from memory i think they called it a cs- ultra in maple looked really smart, shame they arnt able to do this on the newer range iam sure if they did the tubes would sell even more so.

If they did it right, with a nice veneer, they could look really classy, and do something about the metal grill.

I must admit I was pretty shocked when I first looked at a cylinder on the SVS site & saw the dimensions.

I never got a pen this time, i think they cheaped out.

Now you mention the pen ... I feel your pain...

Don'tcha just hate it when that happens? :devil:

Probably the extra in shipping it to Denmark...
I can't think of anything negative about the SVS experience, great products, good price, enthusiastic and friendly support...

oh hang on, they did promise me a T-Shirt with mine but nothing was in the box:eek: however I mentioned this to Ron and he decided to bring me one over from the states in person*, which was nice. :smashin:

*whilst he was on that errand he also did a quick demo for some forum types down in Kent :rolleyes:

They produce far too much bass at too low a frequency for the asking price. It's awful! :mad:

:rotfl:

Gonzo: yes... still missing my old cylinder. My new living room is likely to mean a corner placement of my AV kit and that should be ideal for a cylinder sub. So I'm trying to use cunning to sneak one back in!

did the t shirt only come with the ultras ?

i do like that subhuman shirt ;)

wonder if they'll ship them with the new ultras ?

I mentioned this to Ron and he decided to bring me one over from the states in person*, which was nice. :smashin:

Well, when he heard I hadn't got one, he cancelled his thanksgiving, flew me & my family out and gave us a free holiday, & free subwoofers for the kids.

Nice of him to do that I thought.

Oh my goodness. I want an SVS t-shirt now!!!

Not until you get an SVS sub ;)

Well, when he heard I hadn't got one, he cancelled his thanksgiving, flew me & my family out and gave us a free holiday, & free subwoofers for the kids.

Nice of him to do that I thought.

:rotfl:

did the t shirt only come with the ultras ?

i do like that subhuman shirt ;)

wonder if they'll ship them with the new ultras ?

I think Ron promised me one because I am so great :cool: ...either that or because he missed an email Ii sent him. :)

I have 3 SVS T-shirts. One that fits and two XXL. :)

Gosh! I could use one of the XXLs to pimp my 16-46! :cool:

Veneer is usually very flexible across the grain but stiff running with the grain.

One day I will veneer my toilet tube :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom