Wadia 16 digital outputs

ijenk64

Standard Member
Dear Chaps

Could someone tell me why the coax output on my Wadia 16 Cd player, bears on relation to the one on my Yamaha Cd-S300 player.

Thank you

Ian Jenkins
wadia.jpg
yam.jpg

mseve1

Wadia have simply chosen to use a BNC connector for their digital SPDIF (coax) input* rather than the more usual RCA/phono socket as per your Yamaha CD player. For digital audio signals it's debatable whether a BNC offers any technical advantages over phono but the bayonet does provide a secure, lockable connection. To connect your two devices a standard 75ohm BNC to phono lead such as the one given by @larkone above will be fine.

*(edit) and output

Last edited:

ijenk64

Standard Member
Wadia have simply chosen to use a BNC connector for their digital SPDIF (coax) input rather than the more usual RCA/phono socket as per your CD player. For digital audio signals it's debatable whether a BNC offers any technical advantages over phono but the bayonet does provide a secure, lockable connection. To connect your two devices a standard 75ohm BNC to phono lead such as the one given by @larkone above will be fine.
Thank you.

ijenk64

Standard Member
Wadia have simply chosen to use a BNC connector for their digital SPDIF (coax) input rather than the more usual RCA/phono socket as per your CD player. For digital audio signals it's debatable whether a BNC offers any technical advantages over phono but the bayonet does provide a secure, lockable connection. To connect your two devices a standard 75ohm BNC to phono lead such as the one given by @larkone above will be fine.
Would it offer any improvement over the Rca I am currently using?

mseve1

Would it offer any improvement over the Rca I am currently using?
The Wadia has a very good internal DAC so using it's RCA (analogue) outputs may well provide better results than using the digital coax output to an amplifier's digital input. But you have nothing to lose by trying both connections and letting your ears decide which is best.

ijenk64

Standard Member
The Wadia has a very good internal DAC so using it's RCA (analogue) outputs may well provide better results than using the digital coax output to an amplifier's digital input. But you have nothing to lose by trying both connections and letting your ears decide which is best.
Okay thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom