W9400 or benq w2700

RobTi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I was all set to go for a 9400 after no 9300 were appearing, but unfortunately I had to use this money for vets bills so do I just go for the 2700 or wait for months till I can go for the 9400, is it really worth the £1000 extra. Used in light room but blackout blinds and curtains watching apple 4K, movies,Netflix,prime ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi I was all set to go for a 9400 after no 9300 we’re appearing, but unfortunately I had to use this money for vets bills so do I just go for the 2700 or wait for months till I can go for the 9400, is it really worth the £1000 extra. Used in light room but blackout blinds and curtains watching apple 4K, movies,Netflix,prime ?
Thanks
I have to say that the 9400 is the superior machine, and will be worth the extra outlay mate..motorised lens shift and cover, far more flexibility for positioning, superior optics.

I couldn't quite afford the 9400 so went for the 7400 and coming from a Ben Q W1070 was a huge upgrade, and i really think the extra outlay over the 2700 will be worth it and Epsons customer service under warranty is second to none!! It all depends if you can wait months?

I have to say that the 9400 is the superior machine, and will be worth the extra outlay mate..motorised lens shift and cover, far more flexibility for positioning, superior optics.

I couldn't quite afford the 9400 so went for the 7400 and coming from a Ben Q W1070 was a huge upgrade, and i really think the extra outlay over the 2700 will be worth it and Epsons customer service under warranty is second to none!! It all depends if you can wait months?
Never even considered a 7400

definitely consider the epson 7400, would be more comparable to benq 2700. If wanting to compare with the epson 9400 then the competing benq model should be the w5700, though I think the epsons 7400/9400 are better on a few counts...

American model numbers, (why do they always have to be different!?) but might be of help!?

There are going to be fans for both machines and technology used, the DLPs are regarded to be better with both motion and 3D and to be honest if you sit real close to the screen they will also have a bit better resolution, beyond these three pluses the Epson 9400 has it WELL AND TRULY BET.

First I will address the superior resolution of the 4K DLPs, you really need to be sitting quite close to see the benefit, for example 100” screen if you sit anything beyond 7ft away you will not notice this advantage and I am probably the norm as I sat 9ft away from my 100”. Then we get to contrast and more importantly black levels, the 9400 is in another level with this and with better blacks comes deeper colours so HDR looks more vibrant. Then you add stuff like lens shift which is huge on the Epson and motorised lens memories, far more advanced calibration capabilities and frankly if you can afford it there’s nothing in its price bracket that gets close.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom