w829 or H6xxx

robert388

Novice Member
So i'm trying to decide on a new tv.
My budget is around 1250euro (~1000gbp).

My main goal is to watch HD series/movies and play a lot of ps4/wii-u on it in a moderatly dark room.
So far i'm stuck between a 50' Sony W829 or a Samsung H6400 ( or H6700/6800 but are they worth the extra buck?)
My current tv, a 2008 samsung (lcd), has a lot of ghosting when playing on the ps4. I really do not want to run into that issue again.

I hope someone can give me some advise,
Thanks!

valiantexile

Standard Member
So i'm trying to decide on a new tv.
My budget is around 1250euro (~1000gbp).

My main goal is to watch HD series/movies and play a lot of ps4/wii-u on it in a moderatly dark room.
So far i'm stuck between a 50' Sony W829 or a Samsung H6400 ( or H6700/6800 but are they worth the extra buck?)
My current tv, a 2008 samsung (lcd), has a lot of ghosting when playing on the ps4. I really do not want to run into that issue again.

I hope someone can give me some advise,
Thanks!
Can only comment on the W829 which we have had for a couple of months and the picture quality in HD is superb. The bezel is also so thin that a 50" screen looks great even in smaller room.

robert388

Novice Member
Thanks, in the end i went for the sony. Went to see them in a story, quality was good for both i just liked the sony design better ^^

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom