w800I via Orange retentions...ever?

B

BigLad

I've been waiting since 12th August for Orange to make the W800i available through their retentions department. I was told it would be available today and have had to ring three times only to finally be told it's no longer going to be launched on 1st September as promised. They now have no idea when it will be available. Could be tommorrow, or it could be in six weeks according to the Orange staff. :rolleyes:

My cousin works there and he has told me in the past that Orange don't disseminate information very well to their own staff, not to mention the public. He recommended some time ago that I just move to a competitor but I hung on till today hoping the W800i would be available...

I've asked Orange to generate another PAC code and I'll probably try another network despite five years decent service (till now) from Orange.

The PAC code will be mailed out to me (they couldn't text it!) but till then does anyone have any firm information on when Orange might actually succeed in finally delivering this phone?

Thanks in advance.

BigLad.

What a nightmare I had the same problem with o2. They kept telling me the phone wasn't in stock and would be then isnt. So I went on the net found a better deal but with o2 again just through a different website. Ordered Tuesday it arrived Wednesday. Phoned o2 and cancelled the contract on the one they couldnt upgrade.

I was told o2 was out of stock.. but left it as it was such a cheap deal.. I ordered on Monday.. it arrived today..even though CS said it was out of stock til the end of Sept.

Great phone and bargain for £25 on the cheapest online tariff :)

Matt

i got a phone call yesterday for orange to tell me that they had the W800i and it would be sent out if i wanted it.
so we'll see i should have it on Mon i hope :D

I forgot to say that it was available in orange stores before yesterday..but i could not go to one of them because i was getting a price match on a 3G tariff :smashin:

It can be pretty annoying, but I know how some of the info is given to their staff, and it's pretty bad. Its mainly guess work, or rather estimations by the staff as to when a phone is going to be available.

I think the sites should publish on their websites the exact release dates, and stick to em

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom