Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

w800i transferring music.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by s1hastie, Sep 11, 2005.

1. s1hastie

s1hastie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Ok I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but i'm having problems with the disc2phone software. It keeps putting music in "unknown artist" folders. Or for example I have a 3cd album to put on there it will put them in 3 seperate folders but what i want is to have them in 1 folder with 3 subfolders.

Anyway I thought I could get round this by going to my computer opening up the removable disk F: and moving the files around creating new folders etc.

Now when I try to get the phone to play them it won't because I didn't use the disc2phone software!!

Going crazy here please help.

2. s1hastie

s1hastie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Ok i have made some developments on the above, found that I can play the tunes but not through the walkman part of the phone I have to go into filemanager then sounds etc

Is this how it has to be? or is there a way round it or any 3rd party software that I can use?

3. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    make sure the ID3 tags on your MP3's are correct as the phone's mp3 player will use these to organise them rather than the file names

4. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Are you connected to the internet whilst transferring the music?

If you are connected, the program automatically finds the album titles, i have downloaded a 3 disc cd and it split it into the way you wanted, with 1 folder and 3 sub folders.

5. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Are you connected to the internet whilst transferring the music?

If you are connected, the program automatically finds the album titles, i have downloaded a 3 disc cd and it split it into the way you wanted, with 1 folder and 3 sub folders.

Hope this helps. :smashin:

6. s1hastie

s1hastie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Cheers Paul I will give it ago.

7. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +737
    Had this phone for a few days now and very impressed with it.

Today was the 1st day I started to transfer some of my CD collection to the phone. Noticed a couple of things that I didn't like.

1) If you are transferring more than 1 CD from a single artist its automatically creates folders for each CD. Thats fair enough. But I just wanted to have all the artists' tracks together. So I deleted the 2 x album title folders, leaving all the MP3 tracks in the level directly beneath the top level. When I tried to listen to them, the phone did not see anything under the top level. It looks like there must be at least one subfolder for the phone software to work.

2) I have been playing the phone through the loudspeaker for approx 45mins and the brand new battery went from 100% full to 75%. Very sore on battery. If you were on a long journey you will flatten the battery!!

Otherwise an excellent phone.

8. ParmMann

ParmMann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I think the best way to organise your MP3's is manually.

If you go onto the removable drive, double click on the MP3 folder.
    In this folder, create a folder for an artist, then a subfolder for the album name, and then put your MP3 tracks in that.

I found that I wouldn't be using full albums so I've made folders along these lines:

../MP3/Various Artists/Pop/
    ../MP3/Various Artists/Rock/
    ../MP3/Various Artists/Soundtracks/
    or even
    ../MP3/John Lennon/Various Tracks/

With these folders, you should have 'Various Artists' and 'John Lennon' listed under the walkmans Artists list. You should have 'Pop', 'Rock', 'Soundtracks' and 'Various Tracks' under the Albums list.

Hope it helps! :thumbsup:

9. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +737
    Noticed another problem while playing with phone.

If you record a video clip it is stored with a .3pg extension. When I go into my PC, I cannot view the clip. PC tries to go to web to download somwthing to play it. Can I not just use Media Player?