W800i - Music via Bluetooth

richjthorpe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can I use the Disc2Phone Utility via Bluetooth or do I need to physically connect the phone to the PC ?

Cheers,

Richie.

I have the same phone as you, but I don't have a Bluetooth adapter, so I can't really advise you.

But, off the top of my head, I don't think so...I think it's USB only. I can't be sure, so don't quote me on that. I've always used my USB adapter.

Have you checked the Sony Erricson website, (and sorry to sound a little patronising) or the manual?

Disc2Phone is USB only.

You can transfer files via Bluetooth (or USB) for the Walkman to play as long as you follow the correct folder heirarchy: Memory Stick > MP3 > Artist Folder > Album Folder > Song File

They don't necessarily have to be artist and album folders...just as long as the actual music files are placed in the second folder below the MP3 folder - if you get what I mean.

Lester said:
Disc2Phone is USB only.

You can transfer files via Bluetooth (or USB) for the Walkman to play as long as you follow the correct folder heirarchy: Memory Stick > MP3 > Artist Folder > Album Folder > Song File

They don't necessarily have to be artist and album folders...just as long as the actual music files are placed in the second folder below the MP3 folder - if you get what I mean.

Thats what they say in the manual, but its not right. You can put all the tracks in the \MP3 folder, and the media player correctly organises them into artist/album layout.

clonmult said:
Thats what they say in the manual, but its not right. You can put all the tracks in the \MP3 folder, and the media player correctly organises them into artist/album layout.

Well that's certainly not my experience with this phone.

It's the Disc2Phone software that creates the necessary Artist/Album folders from the mp3 tags...then it places them in the "music" folder on the memory stick.

However, for simple file transfers into the MP3 folder (or "music" folder too) then you need to manually create the necessary folders. If you don't, then the songs will be unavailable through Artist > Album...you'll only be able to access them through "Tracks" and therefore not nicely organized.

I'm interested why you say this is not the case. How have you managed to achieve what you claim ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom