1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W800i delays

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by DustySox, Sep 6, 2005.

1. DustySox

DustySox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

Several weeks ago I went into my local Vodafone shop, and was impressed by W800i phone and tariff packages available. I am currently with O2. I then contacted O2 to ask what my options were. I am currently out of contract with them, and have been with them for nearly 3000 days. When the person I was speaking to, realised I wanted to move to Vodafone, he informed me that he would be able to offer better deals than Vodafone, and deals that could not be beaten.

Deal 1- Free W800i
    +
    Deal 2- Extra 50% calls/txt for life on my O200 tariff
    +
    Deal 3-20% Discount on my £30p/m to £24p/m.
    +
    Deal 4-Eighteen month warranty on phone.
    +

I thought wow, I'm up for that, as i would always fall into 300mins p/m that I am currently using and for £24 instead of £30. Great, count me in.

That was 23rd Aug, (6th Sept today), no sign of phone yet. Ho hum, I'll give em a call. I have just been told of delay on this model phone, and it could be "in" end of Sept/begining of Oct, Ouch!!!

I am still out of contract until received phone, and have fourteen days to return

Rubbish,Rubbish,Rubbish!

Any thoughts on this. They have offered me 750i, but I would really prefer W800i.

Kindest Regards

Darren

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    You could just flash the 750 to the 800 spec, but i guess you don't get the nice orange and white colour, or the nice earphones. Strangely enough i got a W800 today for my mate and it's really a great little phone, and the orange styling makes it a little bit different (until every bugger gets one in the next round of upgrades!)

Don't really know what the delays could be, all the shops i went to had loads in stock, and AFAIK, no operator customises the W800 with their own crud on it.

3. DustySox

DustySox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

Real bummer

Btw your not a million miles away from me!

Really don't know what to do.

ATB

Darren

4. s1hastie

s1hastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Had exactly the same problem myself so I went onto the net and ordered one with the same deal on o2 from a different site. rang up o2 canx the exisiting contract. Only drawback was had to change numbers but it did mean i got the w800i the next day.

5. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +630
    Also same problem with Orange.

Got a demo of the W800i in one of their high street shops and decided it was the phone for me.

However, my contract was bought online and so I couldn't get a phone from their shops. Contacted their website but they had no phones available as their shops were taking all the stock in the UK.

The website now has the W800i, but only for new customers !! People waiting for upgrades have to wait longer still. They can't give me a date when they will be available.

So basically all the punters on the streets or new web customers have them available, but an existing customer like me who has been giving them, on average, £40 per month can't get one.

6. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I don't want to brag but i ordered my W800i last wednesday at 6pm, and recieved it the next morning. That's from Vodafone.

7. lockers

lockers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I got mine from O2 online but it wasn't easy. I had kept ringing up, waiting for them to start selling them, and after being offered a terrible upgrade deal and threatening to leave, I got a much better deal. This was when they first had them, unfortunately the one I got had dodgy buttons, so wasn't any use.

I rang up and asked for a replacement, and they said it was going to be several weeks as they had sold out completely. I said that was useless, and a manager was supposed to call me back within 2 days. They didn't, but they did send me a replacement, so they obviously found one from somewhere, yet strangely my online order tracking on my account pages, still says awaiting stock at the warehouse.

It is a good phone a worth getting, so I reckon give them another call and just keep hassling them. You never know, someone might be returning just because they don't like it. So you might be able to get one sooner. Good luck with it though.

8. Joshm74

Joshm74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I just managed to get upgraded to the W800i for free on Orange (currently on a £25 pm contract) but it took three different calls to three different people to get it :( First girl I spoke to said they had no stock so I phoned back 5 mins later and spoke to someone else who said they had stock but would cost me £80 to upgrade. Hung up and rang back again later and got lucky - third guy said they had stock and I could have it for free! So it all depends on who you speak to!

9. s1hastie

s1hastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Maybe the people we speak to are on some kind of bonus, and have to try to not give u the decent phones.

10. tjradiohead

tjradiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I got mine from orange (telephone) upgrades this morning! :clap:

11. DustySox

DustySox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi

Got married Saturday just gone (10th Sept 2005), phone turned up today 12th Sept 2005! Well done O2, for helping to capture all those magical photo's.....not.

Darren