w550i upgrade

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by gazzaman18, Jan 3, 2007.

1. gazzaman18

gazzaman18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a PAYG W550i which has worked brilliantly,but after plunging onto concrete it needs changing.I like the look of the w850i but to stick to my budget I would need to change to Orange.I wanna stay on Virgin.I wanna spend no more than £200,LG Chocolate any good? Any suggestions please

2. square-eyes-baz

square-eyes-baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Sorry cant give you any suggestions other than Ive upgraded from a W550i to a W850i and Im well pleased , more of the same:smashin: Always loved my W550i- great little phone.

3. siany

siany

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    If it's a PAYG phone you're after you can always get it unlocked so it will take any sim card - you don't have to be stuck on Orange if you don't want to.

Personally I don't think LG chocolate is a good phone. Ok so it looks nice, but as far as functionality's concerned it's quite useless. For starters it doesn't have an expandable memory card slot so there's only a limited amount of music, pictures etc you can put on it. I had a pink chocolate for about a week before I took it back because it drove me up the wall. Hated the touch sensitive buttons and button response lag when texting (kept missing out letters).

If you can't afford w850i, get the w810i. It's a decent phone and not that different from the w850i.