1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vx 10 Setup - positioning queries

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hamtaro, Jun 7, 2003.

1. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have this sub, set up in the best place possible,and am using 4 small medicine caps as feet. would it make any difference if i put the sub on the carpet without these?the stoppers that come with this are really thin and i would think they would,nt make any difference . any thoughts anybody?

2. kenlong69

kenlong69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have the same sub and it's sitting on the carpet using the ever-so-slightly-small rubber feet thingys supplied (technical phrasing I know, sorry!!). I tried it on a piece 2x2 oak board and I didn't notice any difference in the sound. It seems to be quite veratile insofar as you can place it on just about any surface and get a similar sound. I even tried placing it on a chair in the same psotion in my front room and it sounded the same!

I've not tried any isolaton type feet though.

Hope that helps!

Ken

3. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, im gonna take the feet off today. its a nice sub that performs well even at low volumes. what is the ideal sub volume via an amplifirer? is half about right ? i have the bass on my amp at -0....the sub i have at its max setting of -12!