1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW11HT ready to mount!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by darren7, Sep 2, 2002.

1. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there..

Im just aboud to mount the proj any tips?

the screen is the draper 83" 16:9.

looking in the manual the calculations look quite hard.

any tips for this, is there an easy calculator?

should the lens be in line with the top (unicol mount )

thanks for all the other good tips.

Darren:confused:

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    The lateral position of the projector LENS should be central to the screen. This is critical. There is no correction in the PJ for bad horizontal alignment.

The vertical position of the projector LENS should be level with either the top of the screen (for an inverted ceiling mount) or the bottom (for a table mount). This is less critical because the inbuilt digital keystone correction will correct any vertical misalignment. But it is very slightly better if you can avoid having to use this (not that you'd notice).

Rather than calculating the correct distance away from the screen, why don't you simply stand the PJ on a coffee table or similar, and position it to fill the screen (widthways) by trial and error. Then, measure the distance and build your ceiling mount in the appropriate place. Note that the PJ's zoom lens gives you a bit of flexibility on position (say a couple of feet or so).

3. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok what about the formula in the manual.

it gives a max and a min, should I go in between this for 83" screen.

Darren:confused:

4. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also I see some of you are useing the Gyrolock, but on the unicol site it states it will carry 7kg max, they would not sell me this for the 11ht, and I have the other 3 piece mount.

does anyone go by the sony manual, with the Measurements and all that.

thanks

Darren

5. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the Gyrolock for my VW11 and it's fine. My ceiling is only 8 feet so I only needed a small drop.

As the other Nigel says, try setting up on a table first to get the distance right then all you need to do is fit to the ceiling directly above. Make sure you locate the central point of a joist.

Remember that the throw distance is measured from the lens and not the back of the projector. Mine is about 12 feet away and gives me a 92" image on the 80x45 16:9 Da-Lite screen. I worked out the maximum throw available for the room and bought a suitable screen. You'll be surprised how much range the zoom gives you so perhaps setting to a mid-point would be a good idea.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any more problems.

6. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    So long as you don't go OUTSIDE the spread, it makes no difference. The zoom lens on the PJ will compensate for variations in difference between the max and min. So you can aim to 'hit' a joist with your mounting.

I say again - the best/easiest way to do it is by trial and error on a coffee table or similar to start with.