VW11 dust removal…same as VW10?

Jules

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Sony VPL VW11HT has developed what I can only describe as a ‘splodge’ in the lower half of the screen – about the size of a thumb print. Not tragic but an annoyance, particularly as I only have 80 hours on the clock.

So, I’ve found some useful information on how to clean the VW10 involving some minor surgery and an air canister.
As the lamp assembly is supposed to be different in the 11, will the dust removal procedure be any different ? Has anyone tried it ?

Obviously I don’t want to break it, but equally the splodge must go!

(Incidentally, thanks to the advice from this forum I’ve just ordered a Stewart screen grayhawk to replace my £180 1.5 gain draper. It’s almost cost me an arm and a leg, so I don’t want it to accompany a broken projector)

The dust particle to which you refer is almost certainly lodged on one of the LCD panels surrounding the prism block - towards the front of the PJ just behind the lens - not in the lamp assembly. I've never been inside an 11, but I've done the procedure on my 10 and it was very easy and pretty much risk free. I guess the internal construction is pretty much the same. I'd be inclined to try it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom