1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW10-HT v. HS50

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Cmar-Ireland, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Cmar-Ireland

Cmar-Ireland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just trying to get an idea of the improvement over the VW10 verses the HS50. Currently have the 10 and soon to have a NS955 dvd player, connected with a profigold component cable. And projecting onto a DIY screen.
    Bearing in mind the cost to upgrade, would it be worth it. I would expect to get over €1600 selling my 10 and a HS50 would be about €2250.
    Are all the things I hear about the 50 worth it to change?

Opinions please

Thanks
    Ciaran

2. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Difficult one.... Ive compared them as I have the 10HT. Contrastis much better on the HS50. Feeding the HS50 component wont give you a much better picture in terms of clarity than the HT10. I will also be amazed if you get 1600 euros for your old 10HT.

3. Cmar-Ireland

Cmar-Ireland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The market for pj's in Ireland is different to the UK. A lot of people are not up to speed on them. But I reckon the price is about right. There is only 200hrs on the bulb and it's mint. I sold my old VPL x1000 for €1000 last year!!!

But aside from that, :thumbsup: for the info. If the difference is not going to be vast I'll stick with what i have. I have total light control in the room BTW.

Cheers