VW10 HT Problem .!.!.!.!

S

Sjeffray

Hello,

I have a Sony VW HT 10 witch provided good service for 2 years (only arround 750 h). Since a few month the screen is spoiled in certain cases by (small) verical lines :( . The vertical lines does not appear on the total heigth of the screen; it appears only on the rigth position of important color transitions. For example if the image is composed of some big red letters on a black screen, the left part of the letters has a few lines inside (no lines at the right of the letter on the black... These lines disapear if the black of the screen turns to grey...). The color of the lines depends on the colours of the transition and the lines disapear if the transition of colour is smooth...

Sony could not give any explanation other than "change the mother board of the projector" witch appeared to cost 1700 Euro !!! :suicide: :nono:

:lease:
As someone already been confronted to this problem ?

I still want to believe that there is an other issue than "buying a new projector" after only two years of service.

Thanks

Sjeffray

Does this occur for every kind of source - eg VCR, DVD, etc. If you can, try a different DVD player. Since you mention red colour, it may be a known issue with some DVD players - known as "chroma bug".

Also, take a look at this website, which has a forum and FAQ dedicated to the VW10 - you may find an answer there.

http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/

Yes it occurs with every type of source. Does the same with two différent DVD player (with YUV, Svidéo and composite). Does the same with a digital camescope with S Vidéo. Sounds like the problem is with the projector itself.

Yesterday i tried to modify one by one all the functions in the service menu
-> Did not solve the problem. :zonked: :rolleyes: :zonked:

The lines does not occur only in red colour but also in other colors. It depend only on transition of color. You need to have a SHARP color transition (going left to right) to get the lines just at the right of the transition. The lines are only vertical, never horizontal or transverse. For example it occurs also on transition from white to violet (blue lines).

I shall try your site.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom