VW Tiguan....

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just been for a test drive and it ticks the boxes it needs to, just wondering if anyone has one and how has it been....

Not personally but a family friend has just replaced his 3 year old one with another brand new one he likes it that much.

I was interested in buying a Tiguan. I went to a Dealer to have a look and test-drive but when I opened the boot I got a real shock as it was smaller than the boot in my Golf. I didn't even bother with the test-drive.

I was interested in buying a Tiguan. I went to a Dealer to have a look and test-drive but when I opened the boot I got a real shock as it was smaller than the boot in my Golf. I didn't even bother with the test-drive.

Thanks, funnily enough I thought the boot was plenty big enough....

Going for a proper test drive this Thursday instead of the short hop I had the other day...

We have a 2010 R-Line with everything on it, was a real find. Fantastic car, is no more thirsty to drive than our previous Mazda 3.

Ours has the 19" wheels so the ride is firm but I ride a motorbike all week so driving the Tig at the weekend is still a bit of fun, can throw it into corners.

For the boot thing, people tend to take the spare wheel out for the maybe one or two times you need the extra depth.

The rear seats are fully configurable so most of the time just flip one of those down.

Check out the mytiguan forum for pointers on them.

Last edited:
Will you be going for new, or a few years old? Try and find one with the all round parking sensors and rear view camera, makes it a doddle to park.

New, it will be the match spec one, it has front and rear parking sensors but no camera which I think I am going to miss coming from the qashqai which has one fitted...

If you're going new, make sure you get a damned good deal.
The new one is only 7 months away, which will obviously hammer future value of your one.
Personally, I find the Tiguan a little 'beige' and would go for something like the Mazda CX5 instead.
The CX5 is What Car 'car of the year' for 2014 in the <£25000 SUV category.

Have you seen the depreciation on the Mazda?

Mazda usually hold their value very well, I've been looking at used Mazda3's lately.
Do they even know what depreciation is like on the CX5 yet?
What is depreciation going to be like on a 2014 Tiguan, when it's right on the cusp of a new model?
Personally, I'd never get a new car when I knew a facelift/new model was imminent.
Not even if it was a mega deal.

£250 / month, £1000 first payment, 3 year 20000 miles per annum, sounds like a good deal to me on the old model....

Ah, so it's a PCP/PCH plan.
In which case, resale/residual not your problem.
That would make me more comfy getting an outgoing model.

Close, it's motability and I have to order July for an October delivery....

Close, it's motability and I have to order July for an October delivery....

Have you enquired about the new one?
First deliveries of new Tiguan are due to start early 2015.
October > early 2015 isn't that long when you'll have the car for 3 years after.

Have you enquired about the new one?
First deliveries of new Tiguan are due to start early 2015.
October > early 2015 isn't that long when you'll have the car for 3 years after.

Can't unfortunately the only way you can keep the car longer than 3 years is of the next one takes longer to build than it should and I have to choose in July, I just hope the advance payment doesn't go up on the next pricelist....

I have to choose in July

If the dealers are taking pre-orders in July though, doesn't that count?
Or do you have to order a car that is actively in production now?
I'd have thought it would make more financial sense for the motability people to wait too, given that the 2015 model will be worth more after the three years are up.
Ordering an outgoing model seems so short sighted.

If the dealers are taking pre-orders in July though, doesn't that count?
Or do you have to order a car that is actively in production now?
I'd have thought it would make more financial sense for the motability people to wait too, given that the 2015 model will be worth more after the three years are up.
Ordering an outgoing model seems so short sighted.

Need to order from the pricelist that comes out 1st July....

Hmmm, I'd be making a call to the dealer.
Some dealers are taking orders for the 2015 Tiguan already, which suggests a price list is out or imminent.

Ah, you meant the motability price list that comes out 1st July.
I thought you meant dealer price list.
I like this motability lark, I like the loads of 3 year old, low mileage motors that it brings onto the market.
I'm looking at one dealer that has a choice of 3 x three year old cars, all ex-motability and all under 12000 miles.

Ah, you meant the motability price list that comes out 1st July.
I thought you meant dealer price list.
I like this motability lark, I like the loads of 3 year old, low mileage motors that it brings onto the market.
I'm looking at one dealer that has a choice of 3 x three year old cars, all ex-motability and all under 12000 miles.

That won't be mine then, it will have over 60000 on it when it goes back!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom