• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

VW Polo E 55 2006 - Changing the Reverse Light Switch

Paul_HDLover

Hi All. I think i have (finally) located the switch. I unscrewed it and oild started poring out of the gear box. How can i stop the oil from poring out so i can inspect the part / clean it / retest it? Realise its probably failed anyway but when i got it out for a second it didnt look riight to me but i never had any time as i had to screw it back in to stop the oil leaking all over the place.

Car was on an ever so slight incline, not sure if that makes a difference? From what ive read the switch is below the oil level anyway so its always going to leak.

Advice appreciated.

car-man

You can test the switch without removing it...undo the wiring connector and bridge the connectors with a piece of wire or paperclip, switch on the engine and check the lights....if the lights work then the switch is faulty...no lights and you could have a wiring fault.
If you confirm the switch is faulty fit a new one by unscrewing the old one until it is ready to remove then quickly fit the new one so you get minimum oil spill.

Paul_HDLover

Thanks car-man. I've taken it to a professional now as I started the car and the oil light came on. Starting to wonder if what I actually undid was the oil sensor :). The car needs plenty else doing so it's in capable hands now. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom