VW Group emissions update issues

Reaction score
Morning All,

I recently took my wife's Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro for its emissions update on 7th July. Prior to going she have had zero issues with the car since owning it which has been since December 16. Now almost 3 weeks later, this morning the car was juddering in 1st/2nd and had a distinct loss of power. No warning lights or nothing, turned the car off, restarted the engine and all was fine. A fella at work has a VW Passast and said his has been doing the same after the update. Anyone got any advice as to what I can do? Audi are saying it will cost me £60 for diagnostics if it's not the emissions update which is at fault. After reading the forums etc I'd imagine they will say it's not their doing anyway.

She actually she yesterday after coming back from Coventry that it didn't feel right at 80mph on motorway and seemed juddery.

Thanks

I have had no issues with my 2.0 TDI since the update which was done in May. I did have a letter sent to me the other day that said if any issues arose over the next 2 years I think then they would look at it and if related to the update would be fixed free of charge.
If it is not right then you are going to need to get it looked at anyway so take it in to see what they find. Once you know what it is then you can argue what caused it.

I have it on good authority that VAG are well aware of the resultant performance issues, so address it with them.

Be mindful though that the software update 'fix' was purely optional and you were under no obligation to have it done (they may try to use this to their advantage)

This was on watchdog the other day, cars losing power and going into limp mode after the "fix"

I have it on good authority that VAG are well aware of the resultant performance issues, so address it with them.

Be mindful though that the software update 'fix' was purely optional and you were under no obligation to have it done (they may try to use this to their advantage)

I know that now yes but please see attached letter. I think they should word it better and stop using the dvla logo etc as if it's a requirement to have it done when it's optional. It don't help either when you get reminders saying it's not been booked etc.

Screenshot_20170731-191125.png

Get it remapped, the emissions update is what stopped me buying a B7, bought a 2015 Passat which aren't effected.

Apparently a remap will overwrite the update and improve BHP, torque and MPG.

I've just had a letter from Audi.

"Audi confirms that if a customer makes a complaint to an authorised repairer or to the Volkswagen Group in respect of a failure of the EGR, fuel injection system or emissions after treatment system within 24 months following the date of the implementation of the technical measures, in respect of a vehicle with mileage not exceeding 160,000 miles, Audi would consider the complaint very carefully and if such complaint was established to have arisen as a result of the implementation of the technical measures, then Audi will act responsibly and swiftly, in line with it's goodwill policy, as supplemented in the annex, to respond to the consumers' reasonable concerns.

Should you have any questions regarding this policy, please refer to our Q&A page at www.audi.co.uk/dieselinfo, or contact our team on 08000930071.".

I've just had a letter from Audi.

"Audi confirms that if a customer makes a complaint to an authorised repairer or to the Volkswagen Group in respect of a failure of the EGR, fuel injection system or emissions after treatment system within 24 months following the date of the implementation of the technical measures, in respect of a vehicle with mileage not exceeding 160,000 miles, Audi would consider the complaint very carefully and if such complaint was established to have arisen as a result of the implementation of the technical measures, then Audi will act responsibly and swiftly, in line with it's goodwill policy, as supplemented in the annex, to respond to the consumers' reasonable concerns.

Should you have any questions regarding this policy, please refer to our Q&A page at www.audi.co.uk/dieselinfo, or contact our team on 08000930071.".

Audi Emissions - Trust Building Measure

So in a roundabout way they are saying they might possibly with a small chance take notice and might possibly perhaps if the complaint is done through their group do something.

Audi Emissions - Trust Building Measure

So in a roundabout way they are saying they might possibly with a small chance take notice and might possibly perhaps if the complaint is done through their group do something.

I've not had a problem with my Q3 since the cheat software was removed. No difference in performance or fuel consumption, in fact the Q3 hasn't missed a beat. Time for a change though and a Golf GTD is on order. This will be the third car I would have had through this particular group, Mon Motors, I've found them excellent to deal with although both the Q3 and Scirocco were problem free. It's when problems occur that you find out really how good a dealer is.

At least the VW Group has committed some kind of promise to paper. If your car was 'done' whilst under your ownership then you should also receive this letter.

I've not had a problem with my Q3 since the cheat software was removed. No difference in performance or fuel consumption, in fact the Q3 hasn't missed a beat. Time for a change though and a Golf GTD is on order. This will be the third car I would have had through this particular group, Mon Motors, I've found them excellent to deal with although both the Q3 and Scirocco were problem free. It's when problems occur that you find out really how good a dealer is.

At least the VW Group has committed some kind of promise to paper. If your car was 'done' whilst under your ownership then you should also receive this letter.

Yeah and probably under more scrutiny compared to other manufactures at the moment so easy to pick them apart.

Did you try out the launch control on the GTD..I'm guessing an autobox.

Yeah and probably under more scrutiny compared to other manufactures at the moment so easy to pick them apart.

Did you try out the launch control on the GTD..I'm guessing an autobox.
No, not on the GTD. Had a good test drive over different roads, I've always liked the car and the new Mk 7.5 has increased the overall appeal of the car, especially now with the superior seven speed DSG which I have in the Q3. I did the launch on my Scirocco but I was a mere 60 old then. Launch control at 66, maybe not.;)

No, not on the GTD. Had a good test drive over different roads, I've always liked the car and the new Mk 7.5 has increased the overall appeal of the car, especially now with the superior seven speed DSG which I have in the Q3. I did the launch on my Scirocco but I was a mere 60 old then. Launch control at 66, maybe not.;)

You are never too old :p

What do you mean cheat software removed? Remap?

What do you mean cheat software removed? Remap?
Not sure I understand what you mean? In your original post you said your wife's car has been owned since December last year? Second hand I'm guessing since it had to go for the cheat software to be removed. That is simply a commonly used phrase for whatever it is VAG says needs to be done.

Also guessing private purchase? Or at least not a VAG approved used car? Seems strange they would sell those without the fix done but nothing much surprises me nowadays!

The remap suggestion is to take it to a third party to install totally new engine management software that overwrites all the VAG stuff - cheat software included or fixed/removed or as it was from the factory.

Might invalidate a few warranties with VAG but quite common to do. Can improve things even on engines that have no cheat software and never have. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom