• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

VW Caddy van emission light.

NewfieDrool

Banned
Looks like I've a few days off work as a Typical Monday starts with a problem on the van.

Got in this morning and set off and noticed it was limp mode but no lights on. Pulled over turned of and waited, restarted and the yellow emission light stays on.
Limped it home and it's booked in for tomorrow but I was wondering what to expect in the way of faults.

IronGiant

That's the standard there's something wrong with the engine light :thumbsup: Could be just about anything, but if you're getting it back this quickly I hope it's something trivial. :)

NewfieDrool

Banned
That's the standard there's something wrong with the engine light :thumbsup: Could be just about anything, but if you're getting it back this quickly I hope it's something trivial. :)

It's back, was an air pressure sensor and a nice simple fix.
Symptoms were showing about a week before it went now I can think back. Power was not smooth for a while and it's back to normal.
£360 in all which as repairs go is not too bad.

IronGiant

Phew that's a relief. That's what I thought mine was going to be. It wasn't :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom