For Sale VW 16" winter wheels and tyres

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Jules Winfield, May 15, 2017.

1. Jules Winfield

Jules Winfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    I have a set of VW winter wheels and tyres that are surplus to requirements, having previously been on a car that was sold recently. They are suitable for Mark 5 and 6 VW Golfs (amongst others) and may be suitable for Mark 7 as well. I previously used these on a Mark 6 Golf GTD.

The wheels are genuine VW Aspen 16". They are in very good condition generally, with a small number of minor marks, but no scuffs or marks from kerbing.

The tyres are Goodyear Ultragrip 9 in 205/55 R16 91H size. Their EU rating is "C" for rolling resistance, "C" for wet grip performance and a sound level of 69 decibels. These were only purchased in November of last year, so have a minimum of 6-7mm tread on each tyre (they have only done around 3500 miles).

Due to the size and weight, these are collection only from near Telford in Shropshire. I can accept Paypal in advance, or you can bring cash when collecting.

I am looking for £250 for all four wheels and tyres (the tyres themselves were £300). I will not split.

Edited to add: I will also include a set of the VW tyre/wheel bags, as seen here: 1 : Volkswagen Alloy wheel bag - up to 18" : 73900 : All : Accessories : Volkswagen UK

Some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Price and currency: £250
    Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
    Payment method: Paypal/cash
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. jrw1982

jrw1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    They will fit a mk7 but they won't fit my R though as brakes are too big. Shame these are not bigger else I'd have had these.

Let me check if they'll fit over the gtd brakes as I know someone who has one on order. I'm by Telford too.

3. Jules Winfield

Jules Winfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    VW Germany has the Aspen wheels for sale in its on-line shop, and it lists the compatible cars:

Aspen, 6,5J x 16, Brillantsilber 3AA071496A 8Z8 > Volkswagen Zubehör - 100% Volkswagen

This includes the following:
    • Golf (A7) 2013-2017
    • Golf (A7-GP) 2017
    • Golf Cabrio (A6) 2012-2016
    • Golf GTI (A7) 2013-2017
    • Golf GTI (A7-GP) 2017
    • Golf Var. (A7) 2014-2017
    • Golf Var. (A7-GP) 2017
    It doesn't show the GTD, but does show the GTI. "Var" is the Golf Variant (estate). I assume 7-GP is the facelift of the Mark 7.

The VW Germany car configurator also lets you specify 16" steel wheels as an option with the Mk7.5 GTD.

4. jrw1982

jrw1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    The GTI has 312mm brakes, I am struggling to find any info on the GTD. My Old Octavia VRS (based on mk6) had 288mm brakes i think and the 16inch wheels only just cleared the caliper. Will need to have a further look into it. Car isn't being delivered until June/July so can't even try it out! Leave it with me to find out for sure!

5. jrw1982

jrw1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Ok, seems they should just fit depending on offsets and wheel weights:
    [​IMG]

Taking a bit of a punt with these, not knowing if they will fit until June/July time but can collect any evening this week or at weekend and pay cash. Would you accept £220?

6. Jules Winfield

Jules Winfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    Yes, I would accept £220. I'm happy for you to collect at any time. Feel free to send me a PM when convenient and we can arrange collection.

7. jrw1982

jrw1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Ok thats great. Would the weekend suit? Happy to pay a holding deposit so you know i'm not wasting your time?

8. Jules Winfield

Jules Winfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    No, I'm happy for you to pay up in full on the day. I'll send you a PM and we can arrange things off-thread.

Edit: PM sent!

9. Jules Winfield

Jules Winfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +594
    All gone! Thanks to James for collecting.