Question Vutec Vision XL or XL1 won't retract

Shezaam

Novice Member
Help! I bought my place a year ago with the home theater system in place. What I know....the screen is 122" total length. Viewing area is 90" x 50" (I have 16' ceilings). I looked around for a remote and didn't find any. Normally I start a movie in Fire TV box or Apple TV by hitting a activity on the Harmony remote. Based on what the receiver is set to (DVD for Fire TV or Apple TV for....the Apple TV) the screen drops down. Everything worked great until yesterday when I turned it on and the screen didn't drop, so I changed the receiver to DVD and all was fine. When I turned it off, the screen clicked but nothing happened. Everything else shut off. I've tried turning it on & off to Apple TV and DVD but nothing but click on the screen. The former owner owns a home theater business in Miami. The plan I found and inventory list are from 2007, so I'm guessing that's how old it is. I'm in Denver. Any ideas? It would be difficult for me to get to the motor without help because of the 16' ceilings. I have access to a 15' ladder, but I can't carry it. It's probably 60 lbs.

Attachments

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom