Vuplus Duo Query

lutonian

Established Member
Reaction score
A quick question folks, I updated the Vuplus Duo box plugins this morning and accidentally switched if off as I thought that it had crashed. Now it’s stuck on the “loading GUI” screen. Is there any way to recover from this?

A quick question folks, I updated the Vuplus Duo box plugins this morning and accidentally switched if off as I thought that it had crashed. Now it’s stuck on the “loading GUI” screen. Is there any way to recover from this?

Sounds like the image has corrupted which would mean a complete re-flash from USB, did you happen to make a backup of your current image

Thanks for the response. No, unfortunately I do not have a backup of the original image. I'll have to have a hunt around on the web for one...over to Google search!

No problem we all learn the hard way sounds like you may have to re-flash from a fresh install, just for reference though its always a good idea that when you have your image the way you want it and working with all your plugins etc.. then make a full backup to usb or hard drive if you have one installed, That way you can mess about all you want safe in the knowledge that if you do balls it up its only a 5min flash away to repair.

best of luck

It may be possible to recover from this without the need to reflash if you know which plugins you were installing at the time.
Use filezilla or telnet to log into the box and go to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins and also check /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions manually remove the new plugins then restart.Do not remove anything you do not recognise.
It is also possible that one of the plugins you downloaded has corrupted the image - just because a plugin is in the feeds does not mean that it is 100% compatable.

Last edited:
Thanks Maxwell, I can't remember which plugins I loaded (had a button mashing moment!) although I maybe able to deduce it from the timestamps on the files? Will take a look later on. Cheers :)

I've also discovered a crash report with a timestamp from yesterday so that may shed some light on the matter.

I've also discovered a crash report with a timestamp from yesterday so that may shed some light on the matter.

Which image do you use ?
zip the crashlog and post it here and I will take a look and see if I can identify what the problem is

Currently using BlackHole but I may switch across to Vix at some point. Zipping up the file for you now…

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1341915863.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 357
Looking through the crashlog, did you attempt to apply a new skin ? and the plugin that appears to cause the problem is in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and called DD_Subt - try deleting it then reboot, if you changed skin also remove that from /usr/share/enigma2 - when in that folder do not touch the Skin Default folder.
One other thing to try is to boot with your network cable disconnected

I downloaded a new skin, but I didn't get to the point where it allowed me to apply it. I will have a look for that file and give your advice a whirl later on as well as attempting a reboot boot whilst the network cable is disconnected. Cheers :)

This evening I grabbed the backup files from the Duo and installed them onto a USB stick. I put the stick into the front of the box and switched it on. It told me that it had loaded the files and that I should remove the stick and reboot. Unfortunately it still locks up whilst on the loading screen, so I'm guessing that I'll have to wipe the hard drive and start again from scratch?

Back to normal again after another flash session this morning. Just configuring Vix, looks much nicer than Blackhole :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom