Vu Plus VU+ Uno HD twin tuner DVB-S2 ?

rottydave

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a novice regarding satellite receivers etc so would someone give me some sound advice?

Would the Vu Plus VU+ Uno HD twin tuner DVB-S2 suit my requirements?

I am currently receiving great quality freesat and subscription channels(sport and movies etc etc)via my viewing card from uk which i insert into a IBEROSAT HD receiver(over in Spain,southern costa blanca).Flamaval 1.4mtr dish.

I would like to upgrade to a twin tuner with hardrive that will perform like my current receiver but be more user freindly for recording so suggestions are very welcome(top budget £400 max.) Can someone also
explain the term Linux/Enigma 2 and its function ?:lease:

Thanks

Enigma 2 is open source, so in theory you could do what you want with it. There are external plug ins and programs for them.
You can customise then to suit your needs, which you sound like you want

Thanks for the info.This may sound like a obvious question but how would i update/pay for software for different functions on one of these receivers.
The Iberosat box i have at the moment has a software update section in the menu but I wouldnt know where to start to be honest.Have seen various posts regarding people downloading "a patch" to allow the receiver to read sky cards etc and to receive a Epg to aid recording.

With these boxes being able to carry out different functions and being more flexible,would this be complicated for someone with limited technical knowledge.?

Thanks for the info.This may sound like a obvious question but how would i update/pay for software for different functions on one of these receivers.
The Iberosat box i have at the moment has a software update section in the menu but I wouldnt know where to start to be honest.Have seen various posts regarding people downloading "a patch" to allow the receiver to read sky cards etc and to receive a Epg to aid recording.

With these boxes being able to carry out different functions and being more flexible,would this be complicated for someone with limited technical knowledge.?

All programs/plugins I have are free. There are a number of software by differ companies for enigma2 boxes, I use vix for my solo. I have an epg program that auto updates every 48 hours for 7 days and a time shift one, both aready installed. There not too complicated to use to be fair, I've found my way round mine easily.

Noticed I've hit 3500 posts as well!

The epg is the one thing i miss with the iberosat.
Am I correct in thinking all of these updates and software additions rely on a constant internet connection?

Because i am only in Spain for 6-7 weeks of the year i haven"t got a internet connection and to be honest i haven"t really looked into the cost of one so thats something i need to look at.

The epg is the one thing i miss with the iberosat.
Am I correct in thinking all of these updates and software additions rely on a constant internet connection?

Because i am only in Spain for 6-7 weeks of the year i haven"t got a internet connection and to be honest i haven"t really looked into the cost of one so thats something i need to look at.

Normally yes

Ok,Will look at buying one at the right price now,any recommendations of reputable sites from other discussions or your own experience?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom