• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Vu+Duo Twin tuner Help..

twilightman1975

Established Member
Having just purchased one of these great boxes
( Am very happy so far.) I also purchased a 2tb 3.5 hard drive to fit inside for recording..
But, when I went to install it was too big.

Advice on what drive I need, I e description one that fits fine in the bracket.that fits fine th

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Is it formatted in fat32 format? Which software are you running? Is it up to date?

Last edited by a moderator:

logiciel

twilightman1975

Established Member
The description on the website I bought from states it takes a 3.5 hard drive and not 2.5.

Yet when I tried to put the bracket on it to fix inside the receiver the screws were to short to fit it as it should.

Version 3.0
Build 632

Drivers 2013-02-07
Last update 2013-3-13

Running Vix image

logiciel

OK - maybe that's the older standard 3.5 drive and you're meant to use the more usual slimmer version then?
My Techno takes 2.5s and I simply put it in without screwing it as the machine never moves.

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
OK - maybe that's the older standard 3.5 drive and you're meant to use the more usual slimmer version then?
My Techno takes 2.5s and I simply put it in without screwing it as the machine never moves.

A 3.5 inch drive is a 3.5 inch drive, the mounting holes are standard. Duo should be ok with 3.5 but can use a bracket to fit 2.5 also. HDs vibrate and should be securely mounted to avoid issues.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
May be limited to 1tb then. Best bet is to go over to the WoS forums and ask there. Or drop them an email, they are normally quicky replying

logiciel

Why limited?
Capacity of disc doesn't affect size of drive.
A 3.5 inch drive is a 3.5 inch drive, the mounting holes are standard.
Although I haven't looked, that's what I would have thought, but what other explanation is there?
I agree too about the principle of screwing the drive in but mine works perfectly without.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Why limited?
Capacity of disc doesn't affect size of drive.
Although I haven't looked, that's what I would have thought, but what other explanation is there?
I agree too about the principle of screwing the drive in but mine works perfectly without.

3.5 HDDs vary quite a bit in thickness

logiciel

Quite so - I have them in several capacities and thicknesses.:)

kopchoir

Banned
Anyone stream services to a ps3 ?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom