VTX HD 7750 Low Profile audio issue with Freeview Tuner

Dean

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi I've got a Sony VGX-XL301 which I have just upgraded the graphics card to a VTX Radeon 7750 low profile. I've installed the latest Catalyst drivers from AMD but although it works flawlessly when playing back DVDs and Blu-Rays in either DD/DTS or the HD formats, I can't get Prologic or other matrix surround to work with the Freeview tuner.

TV content always comes up as PCM 5.1 under the info of my AVR but is only coming out in 2 channels with Straight displayed on the AVR when trying to select a matrix surround format for what should be a 2 channel source. I have tried a ripped DVD with a DD 2.0 soundtrack and strangely I can select DLP II or Neo 6 for it. Anybody else have this problem or any ideas please??
EDIT: Noticed that this also affects my music collection in WMC which comes up as PCM 5.1 but outputs in stereo so thinking issue maybe lies with WMC settings or the graphics card.

Last edited:
Sorted this out - I reinstalled a new copy of windows and only selected important updates only and it works perfectly, not sure what the issue was before but all good now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom