VT50 - Part eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how our mate Phil 1975 was getting on with the 55" VT refund scenario?

received our VT50 yesterday. No vertical stripes, no flickering on very bright backgrounds, no buzzing noise, no image retention"yet". Happy costumer here.
Allthough there's something weird when connecting my pc through DVI-hdmi connector( don't have a hdmi out on my videocard, what is pretty weird since it was a 750 euro card-> ATI 5970) to the tv. When doing this, my pc monitor suddenly goes to sleepmode, and no way to wake it back up. Because of this it's impossible to fiddle around in the CCC. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

golden phoenix said:
I was wondering how our mate Phil 1975 was getting on with the 55" VT refund scenario?

Me too.
Fingers crossed hes got it sorted.

Insanity202 said:
Me too.
Fingers crossed hes got it sorted.

Hi guys,

I'm still here but not posting much as I'm having a love/hate relationship with my VT.
Spoke to Panasonic Leeds earlier, provided them all the evidence they requested beginning of the week just waiting to hear back from Panasonic HQ.

Hi guys,

I'm still here but not posting much as I'm having a love/hate relationship with my VT.
Spoke to Panasonic Leeds earlier, provided them all the evidence they requested beginning of the week just waiting to hear back from Panasonic HQ.

Your far to nice, I would be going mad at them :mad:

aandpwoodley said:
Your far to nice, I would be going mad at them :mad:

Tbh mate, I don't see the point of shouting screaming and stamping my feet lol.

Phil1975 said:
Tbh mate, I don't see the point of shouting screaming and stamping my feet lol.

Its good to once in a while. Get rid of some stress, hurry them into some action and it can be fun lol

Had a chance to watch some football now & no VB issues:arty:

After 3 weeks keeper me thinks:smashin:

Had a chance to watch some football now & no VB issues:arty:

After 3 weeks keeper me thinks:smashin:

Pleased for you, just wish I could make my mind up with what I'm doing :rolleyes:

are you getting a 65

I have one on order but still have a few concerns that I'm working through with Steve & TPS (Nothing to do with the VT, problem with my room)

Just trying to get everything right.

I have one on order but still have a few concerns that I'm working through with Steve & TPS (Nothing to do with the VT, problem with my room)

Just trying to get everything right.

classic

I posted earlier about some nasty flickering on viewing of brighter images (especially notable in THX Bright Room) and someone commented to play around with contrast settings to solve it. Unfortunately after getting into the problem a little more I discovered that neither contrast nor brightness levels can solve the flickering I detect. (only lessen it to a certain degree on lower contrast, obviously since it results in less bright images...)

Even worse is, what I discovered is that in fact all of picture modes (even the dimmer THX Cinema) have the exact same flickering problem on viewing bright images. Only you notice it far less on the THX Cinema for example because it's simply darker and has a lower contrast than some of the other modes, but it's there nontheless.

Now of course I'm worried that there's something wrong with my set. Can anyone perhaps confirm if they experience the same flickering I described above? Also I keep reading about 60hz and 96hz modes, but I looked and looked and cannot find any such sort of option in the menu of the VT50. Are there any other settings that I can try to see if it's just something I'm doing wrong?

Finally something weird I also mentioned in my previous post: on viewing a completely white image the THX Bright Room mode seemed to be absolutely flicker free while in this case THX Cinema was flickering badly. Exactly the opposite of what I happens when viewing normal image material which has brighter parts in it, in which case THX Cinema is defenitely the only watchable option.

I am sure you will be delighted to read , i have requested with John Lewis to swap VT50 for a 853, awaiting their response,told me they will phone Monday to discuss,due no doubt to the fact i paid £2399 for the VT50 where as the 853 comes in at £1414.

I am sure you will be delighted to read , i have requested with John Lewis to swap VT50 for a 853, awaiting their response,told me they will phone Monday to discuss,due no doubt to the fact i paid £2399 for the VT50 where as the 853 comes in at £1414.

Your eyes are the judge - if you feel the 853 is better then nobody else's opinion matters ( looks like a nice screen for the money )

I love Eurosport HD always has a good picture. Their sky3D coverage of the swimming in on a non 3D tv looks good lol.

Right now after all our failures of the day im supporting our women in the footy.

All it makes you think is how good this could be looking on one of these pannys, band issues or not.

just had steve round to do the 22" alba and all i can say is wow he is good he sent all of 2 mins on it before he picked it up and put it in the bin.:laugh:
after he did that we went to the 65" he was here 5 hours and the difference is like night and day he really is that good and 3d is out standing now on the set
if anyone is pondering to get it isf trust me do the difference is huge and steve is the man to make your set shine

thanks steve you have made my day ;)

Can anyone please explain how to switch to 60hz or 96hz on the VT50 and in which modes this is even possible. I've searched everywhere and really can't find any option to change this. I think it might help me figure out more about the flickering I'm seeing. Thanks!

Just watching king kong on itv2hd on my 65vt50 in pro mode 1 I no its full screen but it looks stunning if calibrated looks better I will have to get it done

Can anyone please explain how to switch to 60hz or 96hz on the VT50 and in which modes this is even possible. I've searched everywhere and really can't find any option to change this. I think it might help me figure out more about the flickering I'm seeing. Thanks!

Why not go to a store and have a look at their set and see if you can see the flickering? Rule out a possible faulty set.

I posted earlier about some nasty flickering on viewing of brighter images (especially notable in THX Bright Room) and someone commented to play around with contrast settings to solve it. Unfortunately after getting into the problem a little more I discovered that neither contrast nor brightness levels can solve the flickering I detect. (only lessen it to a certain degree on lower contrast, obviously since it results in less bright images...)

Even worse is, what I discovered is that in fact all of picture modes (even the dimmer THX Cinema) have the exact same flickering problem on viewing bright images. Only you notice it far less on the THX Cinema for example because it's simply darker and has a lower contrast than some of the other modes, but it's there nontheless.

Now of course I'm worried that there's something wrong with my set. Can anyone perhaps confirm if they experience the same flickering I described above? Also I keep reading about 60hz and 96hz modes, but I looked and looked and cannot find any such sort of option in the menu of the VT50. Are there any other settings that I can try to see if it's just something I'm doing wrong?

Finally something weird I also mentioned in my previous post: on viewing a completely white image the THX Bright Room mode seemed to be absolutely flicker free while in this case THX Cinema was flickering badly. Exactly the opposite of what I happens when viewing normal image material which has brighter parts in it, in which case THX Cinema is defenitely the only watchable option.

Nothing is wrong with the set, I demoed one and I noticed the flickering straight away. It is the way the panel is driven and some people are more susceptible to seeing it than others, the shop owner could see it as well another member of staff couldn't see it. It basically put me off the set and I am now waiting for a 50" OLED !

FWIW I thought overall with a HD picture it is a match for my 5090 Kuro before it started to have the red tinge taking over the blacks.

Just watched actual lighting of the torch on my phone. Now i really hope they release a blu ray of the ceremony as id love to see that bit in HD.

I think there were bad parts but the ending makes up for them overall. That cauldron as they called it is beautiful engineering design.

Why not go to a store and have a look at their set and see if you can see the flickering? Rule out a possible faulty set.

Good idea. Though if I still don't know how / where to play around with 60hz or 96hz settings I can't determine anything for sure. Only stores that carry this set around here are the really big ones where no salesman knows anything about this sort of thing. Also there too much light in these stores to see anything properly. They already offered to send down a Panasonic technician to check out the set, so I'm not too worried. However it's only fair for me to first find out if there's some settings that can fix the problem. This is my last resort should experimenting not have a positive result within a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom