VT50 - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owners with VT50's with uniform screens and no banding, what are your build dates? Just wondering if they maybe have addressed something with later builds from August as they added the -2 to the late July and August builds model numbers. Mine is getting the "A" board replaced and then going from there as it has bad banding/smudges/blobs of some sort.

For those of us too lazy to read back through hundreds of posts, what's the easiest way to tell what the build date is?

Guys where can i see the build date of my tv? On the back there is only the serial number (FG-xxxxxxxx)

Is it on the box?

May I ask which Sony Bravida you had before which you compare to the VT50?
I had the 46" V3000. At the time I think there was only the W and X series that were superior so it wasn't as if it was a bad TV or anything.

The build date is on the back of the tv. Mine is July but before the -2 got added. TCP65VT50-2 is the newer model #.

Watched Lawrence of Arabia last night, must say they've done a brilliant job of the transfer, superb film :smashin::smashin::smashin:

Lol. They hid them selfs under the cushions because they wanted to stay and be played on a real tv haha.
I'll get them sent out first thing tomorrow.

Just been playing call of duty and OMG what have you done to the whites?? Every time I get flashed banged it's dazzling, feels like I really have been flashed banged and the SAS are gona come flying through my windows. Lol......and the colours?? Well I believe the word the young ones use these days is SICK!

Hi,
Could you confirm which mode you use to play?

Ta

The build date is on the back of the tv. Mine is July but before the -2 got added. TCP65VT50-2 is the newer model #.

Can't see any date on mine (nor a -2). Just a tacky poorly printed sticker next to the main plate with the model detals which gives the serial number.

Can't get to back of mine but it was new stock as I had to wait - had it couple weeks now

had mine since may, 1200hours+ my serial number starts with FC****** no problems that spoil normal content :smashin:

had mine since may, 1200hours+ my serial number starts with FC****** no problems that spoil normal content :smashin:

Had mine about 3-4 wks, starts with a FZ, no issues :smashin:

Hi,
Could you confirm which mode you use to play?

Ta

I still use gamemode, it now looks better than ever. I think because the grey scale was calibrated on the SM.

For me gamemode is always a must when gaming. I hate input lag.

I still use gamemode, it now looks better than ever. I think because the grey scale was calibrated on the SM.

For me gamemode is always a must when gaming. I hate input lag.

Unless I'm missing the point but why would you game on anything other than the ame input ?

Right.......I'm getting a bit frustrated now and i'm hoping someone may be able to offer some guidance

I'm been having Lip-Sync issues for a while on Sky+HD.....but it's not very simple

I have been recently been running a very advanced Pre Release version of the EPG (I work for Sky) which I initially thought was the culprit but i've been on a consumer release for the past two weeks and the problem still remains

The annoying thing is that the Lip-Sync issues only seem to affect a few channels in particular Discovery HD which is strange as I thought it would affect all of them

It is NOT the Sky Box as I have two PVR's and the problem is NOT present on either of them when connected to the upstairs TV but it IS present when either of them is running on the VT50

I have tried new HDMI Cables and this does not help either

I'm really getting annoyed now as the TV is great on most content but i watch alot of Discovery HD so it's very noticeable

I've done a factory reset on the TV prior to having it calibrated a fortnight ago and this has not helped

has anyone experienced similar issues??

I really don't know what it may be

I meant to add that I don't get these problems when listening via my AV Amp

Can some others try Discovery HD tonight for me and see if the Lip Sync is OK?

Will have a look once the little one has gone to bed.

nick270881 said:

Hi I get lip sync on discovery hd fith gear American guns American chopper and all other program's on that channel only since sky updated to the new GUI

Just watched some content - Mythbusters: definite lip sync issue. Born Survivor: no issue, looks fine. Maybe Yank sourced content is the issue :laugh:
I have a second Sky HD box arriving tomorrow. Will use it for my Pio and re-check. Now off to watch Eng-a-land.

For some reason I've never thought a calibrated picture would make much of a difference watching sports, but I watch a lot of US sports and the bright colours of the uniforms against the field looks fantastic. Whether its bright sunshine or the floodlights, the colours really pop and contrast. Just watching the 49ers vs the Packers game and the yellow helmets/pants and the red on white looks vivid, but natural as well. Very happy.

Also, I've watched 7 NFL and College games over the last few days with a score bug & ticker, a green field and lots of panning and:
1) Had no problems with IR.
2) Never noticed the "band" when watching normally. If I stare at the very right of the screen I see it occasionally, but then again I don't do that when I watch tv, so it's not a problem. Just watching the tv it just isn't noticeable.
It's like saying "It hurts when I punch myself in the knackers!" Well don't punch yourself in the knackers then!!!! Stop staring at the right edge of the screen and just watch the picture normally. ;)

Can anyone help with getting ARC working please?

Let's say I have Sky in HDMI1, can I have HDMI2 (ARC) going to my AMP to either view content via my amp and use ARC, or do I need HDMI2(ARC) into amp and then HDMI3 coming from the amp? I'm a tad confused with this ARC business but would like to get 5.1 from Netflix happening.

Can anyone help with getting ARC working please?

Let's say I have Sky in HDMI1, can I have HDMI2 (ARC) going to my AMP to either view content via my amp and use ARC, or do I need HDMI2(ARC) into amp and then HDMI3 coming from the amp? I'm a tad confused with this ARC business but would like to get 5.1 from Netflix happening.

I have my amp connected to HDMI2, nothing more, and the ARC works fine. 5.1 with Netflix no problem and the tv remote controls the volume on the amp.
Just remember to turn ARC on on your amp. :smashin:

For some reason I've never thought a calibrated picture would make much of a difference watching sports, but I watch a lot of US sports and the bright colours of the uniforms against the field looks fantastic. Whether its bright sunshine or the floodlights, the colours really pop and contrast. Just watching the 49ers vs the Packers game and the yellow helmets/pants and the red on white looks vivid, but natural as well. Very happy.

Also, I've watched 7 NFL and College games over the last few days with a score bug & ticker, a green field and lots of panning and:
2) Never noticed the "band" when watching normally. If I stare at the very right of the screen I see it occasionally, but then again I don't do that when I watch tv, so it's not a problem. Just watching the tv it just isn't noticeable.
It's like saying "It hurts when I punch myself in the knackers!" Well don't punch yourself in the knackers then!!!! Stop staring at the right edge of the screen and just watch the picture normally. ;)

The joys of a calibrated picture :thumbsup:

I was wondering, how exactly has it improved over non-calibrated, using any of the THX modes? From your post I only get what looks good now, but not precisely what's due to the calibration. I'm interested myself in this, so that's why I ask. Thanks!

I was wondering, how exactly has it improved over non-calibrated, using any of the THX modes? From your post I only get what looks good now, but not precisely what's due to the calibration. I'm interested myself in this, so that's why I ask. Thanks!
The picture out of the box is of such a high quality, you would be very hard pressed to tell the differance to be honest.

gazeds said:
The picture out of the box is of such a high quality, you would be very hard pressed to tell the differance to be honest.

I disagree speaking as someone whos seen but not own calibrated and non-calibrated VT's i see a noticeable improvement in depth and that looking through a window feeling people mention.

Add a lumagen and you could be there. ( watch i dont get in trouble mentioning that device here. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom