• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

VT-x

7ewis

Established Member
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NW24S, and because Sony could make the laptops cheaper if they disabled Virtualization, they did. So even though my laptop is capable of Virtualization, I cannot do it without modifying the BIOS and risking bricking my laptop, which I am not willing to do.

So I am trying to run Windows 8, and BackTrack 5 R2 in VirtualBox, and because they are both 64 bit systems I cannot run them because it needs 'VT-x' to be enabled..

But the thing is, I have run (Another 64bit OS) in VMware, until the password stopped working? I don't know how someone could have done this, but it was a modified .iso or something. I have also run Ubuntu in a VM.

What would I have to do to be able to run Win8 and BT5R2? Can I modify something in VB or VMware? Or do I need a modified iso.. or just a new computer

Edit:
scaled.php

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom