1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSXD912 Have I set it up Correctly?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Anastie, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I have the following setup. Panasonic 36" PD30, Sky+ Digibox, Sony 930 DVD, Pioneer VSXD 912, Kef PSW2000Sub, Kef Q Centre, Kef Q55.2, Kef Coda rears.

I have the DVD componant going straight to the TV with a digital optical going to the amp. Sky+ RGB Scart to TV (As many have found before I have to turn RGB off in Sky+ as pic quality lousy) and Optical to amp.

I read about people running various "Visual connections" through their amps but I don't understand this. Would this improve the quality of sound or picture that I have or mean less cables etc.

No matter how much I look at the manual it seems confusing. My setup works but if it can be improved then who am I to argue :)

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    It will only change the amount of cables being routed to the tv as all signels will be routed throught the amp. IMHO You will get no (maybe a little from a composte input) improvent in picture or sound.

3. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Dfour thanks for the response